Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-08 00:12:10

Ken
Website

How to move LR albums to new computer LR install?

I purchased a new computer and installed LR and the LR publisher. On my previous computer I had created a number of TTG Publisher Albums. I would like to transfer these over to my new LR installation on my new computer. It would save a lot of time not having to recreate all of these albums and populate them with the many photos that I publish to my Backlight website.

I would greatly appreciate any help on how to accomplish this.

#2 2018-12-08 00:19:29

rod barbee
Website

Re: How to move LR albums to new computer LR install?

Publisher collections are stored in the catalog. If you’re using the same catalog as on your previous computer, then your published albums should show up as soon as you install publisher.

If this is a different catalog, you can use the Lightroom Voyager plugin to transfer publisher collections from one catalog to another.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2018-12-08 01:57:42

Ken
Website

Re: How to move LR albums to new computer LR install?

Thanks Rod, I had exported my LR catalog, minus previews, and moved it to the new computer. After reading your response, I went ahead and just copied the entire catalog file including previews and moved this over to the new computer. Now all of my Backlight Albums are present in LR on my new computer. Thanks for your help.

Board footer