Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-23 22:11:28

Pete_N

Multiple Lightroom Catalogues publishing albums to one album set

Good [after] morning Backlighters...

I have a question regarding the creation of new galleries under one existing top-level gallery from a number of different Lightroom catalogues.

Like many others, I have multiple Lightroom catalogues. Mine are set up in years as well as a few special catalogues.
I started setting up my BL2 installation with one Lightroom catalogue: 'Portfolio'. I created the gallery 'Portfolio' as an album set under the top level gallery 'Galleries'. I created a number of albums, populated them with a few images and published.

I opened another Lightroom Catalogue: '2018' and I noted that I had to 'set-up' the TTG plugin again before creating the new top level gallery and then creating the new album to place into it. I clicked 'set-up' and was taken to the setup pane for the TTG plugin which I also had to name 'Backlight'. So, I created a new album set: 'Client Area'. I added a new album under that for a client and added their images.   I published that too... All good.

So, in summary:
1. I opened LR Catalogue 'Portfolio', created 'Portfolio' album set and a number of albums under that.
2. I opened LR Catalogue '2018', created 'Client Area' album set and a one album under that.

Now, after setting all that up and seeing that it worked correctly, I want to add another client album from another LR Catalogue into the existing 'Client Area' gallery.

So... I opened another Lightroom Catalogue: '2018' and I noted that I had to 'set-up' the TTG plugin again before creating the new top level gallery and then creating the new album to place into it. I clicked 'set-up' and was taken to the setup pane for the TTG plugin which I also named 'Backlight'. I then created a new album set called 'Client-Area' (the same as created from the LR 2018 Catalogue). When I did this, a message appeared stating that that gallery already existed and that a new name would be used for the directory. I created the client album under the new Client Area album set, added a new client album and published it.

The result: A new (second) 'Client Area' album set with the new client album in it.

It appears that information about existing galleries is not passed to each LR catalogue TTG plugin in the same way as the Publisher API Details and the HTTP Authentication.

If this can not be done or loaded into each LR Catalogue, is there some way of moving the published albums into existing album sets?

I hope I haven't confused anyone with my description of the problem.

Thanks.

Pete

#2 2018-11-23 22:54:58

rod barbee
Website

Re: Multiple Lightroom Catalogues publishing albums to one album set

Albums and album sets are catalog specific. This is a Lightroom limitation.
You can only Publish or change albums or sets from the catalog from which they were created.

The only option I know of (for Backlight 1) is to use the Lightroom Voyager plugin to transfer publisher collection from one catalog to another.

I noticed you also posted questions in the Backlight 2 forum. So just in case the site in question is a BL 2 site, you could use the Publish feature built in to BL 2 and upload albums to any set or images to any album.
You would first need to Export images from Lightroom though.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2018-11-23 23:43:30

Pete_N

Re: Multiple Lightroom Catalogues publishing albums to one album set

Thanks for your speedy reply Rod.

I shall therefore have a look at Voyager, a product I am aware of.

Kind regards,

Pete.

P.S. On an unrelated matter in another post relating to web fonts, I shall send you an email with the relevant details you asked me for.

P.

Board footer