Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-16 22:40:47

pideja

LSON error when publishing album

Today, I tried to create a new gallery in this site : pideja.ca/gbc but instead of publishing an album, I received this message:
error

Is this because the Publisher plugin has been updated with the Backlight 2 version? This used to be an Okapi page but now working to upgrade to Backlight 2.

#2 2018-10-16 23:17:22

rod barbee
Website

Re: LSON error when publishing album

Have you tried updating the album files from the link on the Mainz Backlight dashboard?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2018-10-17 03:23:05

pideja

I updated the album files as per your suggestion. I can now update existing albums. But when trying to create and upload a new album, I get:
publisher_error

#4 2018-10-17 03:54:10

rod barbee
Website

And you're using the latest LR TTG Publisher plugin? (you can download the current version from the Backlight > Modules page. The link is near the top of the page.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2018-10-17 20:23:39

pideja

Actually, I am using Backlight module-pages v2.0.2 witch is the latest, as far as I know.

But when I replaced the Publisher plug-in, I was able to create ou update the albums.

Last edited by pideja (2018-10-17 21:41:20)

#6 2018-10-17 21:09:20

rod barbee
Website

No, I’m asking about the Lightroom Publisher plugin

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2018-10-17 21:42:52

pideja

Sorry, Rod I updated my last reply before I saw you're specifying the Publisher Plugin.

#8 2018-10-17 21:47:14

rod barbee
Website

So all is good now?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2018-10-27 01:48:46

pideja

Sorry for the delay, I was out for a few days.

Anyway, I'm back at it and today, something strange to start: the setting I thought I had set for the PAGES, is applied (in part) only in the album page https://pideja.ca/noces/galleries/avant/
The design of this page is not replicated all along the site. Why?

Also, I get this message when trying to access the album page:

The client response module is currently unavailable. Please contact the site owner for further assistance.

I have the latest Publisher plug-in installed and the authentication check was successful.
I cleared the cache many times. I also updated the Album and Backlight Index files

https://pideja.ca/noces/home/

#10 2018-10-27 07:02:09

rod barbee
Website

I can only guess without looking at the back end. Is this problem related to the original problem? It's getting a little confusing. If this is a new problem can you repost. Also, if there are separate problems, can you create a separate post for each problem?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#11 2018-10-28 06:53:21

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Maybe something to do with Backlight being in a subfolder, .../noces/backlight.

Typically, should be at pideja.ca/backlight.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#12 2018-10-31 01:26:09

pideja

Maybe, but it's the way I have been doing since...CE3! These are all subdomains I publish "privately" to individuals or for clients for them to see my work and (hopefully) order prints or more work.

Anyway, since Backlight 2 I've been trying, with great frustration, to upgrade from either CE4 or mostly Backlight 1.2

In most cases, it should be straightforward and I do follow the instructions provided to a T. But somehow I screw up.

I must seem rather inept but I do like the product. It took me a full year to get a grip on the previous version, albeit as a part-time endeavor.

I've decided to put off the marriage (Noces) website and concentrate on the DanLev upgrade. I've already submitted some posts about my adventures with this site.

Thank you for lending an ear.

#13 2018-10-31 14:40:27

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Backlight is fully separate from our old Lightroom plugins. So while you may be tempted to compare your experience to the older CE plugins, please resist that urge. Backlight 2 operates very differently, and by its own rules. We advise that you adhere as closely as possible to documentation, rather than assuming it will work the same as those things from years ago.

With Backlight 2, you may, of course, publish albums privately. Backlight should be installed at the root of your site, i.e. pideja.com/backlight. But you can then create albums at pideja.com/noces, if that's what you want to do. You may password protect those albums, hide them from view, etc.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#14 2018-10-31 21:30:30

rod barbee
Website

Adding to what Matt said, you can also style each client area of your site differently by simple using different page templates.
It would look like each is a different site but you wouldn’t need to create separate sub-domains and struggle with installing Backlight multiple times.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#15 2018-10-31 23:28:54

pideja

Matt and Rod, I understand your comments. I'm getting more mixed-up with each instance of creating or updating my subsites. I would indeed be simpler and more coherent to have but the one URL, i.e. pideja.ca or whatever, having the other sites as galleries (?).
But, in order to avoid redesigning everything, is it possible to create the main index page and then "merging" or joining all the other sites within?

#16 2018-10-31 23:53:29

Daniel Leu
Website

rod barbee wrote:

Adding to what Matt said, you can also style each client area of your site differently by simple using different page templates.
It would look like each is a different site but you wouldn’t need to create separate sub-domains and struggle with installing Backlight multiple times.

Adding to that, you can have even custom menus!

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

#17 2018-10-31 23:56:42

Daniel Leu
Website

pideja wrote:

Matt and Rod, I understand your comments. I'm getting more mixed-up with each instance of creating or updating my subsites. I would indeed be simpler and more coherent to have but the one URL, i.e. pideja.ca or whatever, having the other sites as galleries (?)

It might be not that much more work than you think since the design work is already done. I would really considering going to a single-site installation.

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

#18 2018-11-01 00:25:31

rod barbee
Website

is it possible to create the main index page and then "merging" or joining all the other sites within?

There's no provision for merging one site into another. You would need to republish the albums.

The other "sites" could be album sets and albums using their own specific page template and album/album set templates. These would be under your main galleries page using only one Publisher instance in Lightroom.

Or you could create separate Publisher instances in Lightroom for each "site".

In Backlight you'd just create multiple top-level galleries (one for each "site") and publish to them individually.

And, as Daniel mentioned, the design work is done. Just export the existing templates from the sub-domain sites and import them into the main site

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#19 2018-11-01 01:49:51

pideja

Very excited at the prospect of (at last) unifying all my sub-domains. Been putting it off for a while because of a "fear of flying", so to speak.

Will begin work in earnest in the days to come.
I fear I'll probably be back on this, so bear with me, please.

Board footer