Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-03 02:05:53

SunFoxNC

Slight bug in phplugins-pangolin-sample.php...

As I was fooling about with grabbing album information via phplugins to automatically display in Galleria, I was playing with this code and noticed that the third break (br) tag is missing the closing greater-than.  Most browsers won't necessarily care but those of us who were toilet-trained at gunpoint do... wink

/* DELETE THIS LINE
function copy_top()
{
	//echo 'style: '.$this->style.'<br/>';
	//echo 'path: '.$this->path.'<br/>';

if ($this->hasAlbum()) {
		echo '<p>';
		echo 'Album Title: '.$this->album->getTitle().'<br/>';
		echo 'Album Description: '.$this->album->getDescription().'<br/>';
		echo 'Number of photos: '.$this->album->getNumberOfPhotos().'<br/';
		echo '</p>';
	}
	return true;
} // END /**/

There's a couple of new features in Backlight 2 that I think are not necessarily going to be appreciated for how awesome they are until you actually get round to playing with them.  This is one of them and is exactly what I was asking about a long time ago about having an API that would expose details of items.  At the time I was thinking exclusively of images but being able to extract album information programmatically is way cool...especially when you're using them as the image dumpsters in a Wordpress site!  I can't wait to see what else I can extract from published gallery items...

The other feature is the movement of the authentication and album passwording functionality into the core from the Client Response Gallery.  Yes, it was number two in the announcement but became very much appreciated when I did a photo shoot this weekend at a therapeutic horseback riding event.  It was trivial to build a new album set containing the albums and stick a password on it to discourage casual browsing from people who weren't at the event until we can determine the privacy requirements/implications.  No more futzing about with users in Apache and .htpasswd which is always a pain!

This will make putting up galleries from the kid's school events equally as trivial (especially when you're dealing with a class where kids have special needs and you don't know who opted out of photos/videos)...woo hoo!  smile

But the best part of that new feature is that you get a choice of just putting a password on or creating a full client account.  That distinction in the implementation was unexpected but brilliant, IMO.

#2 2018-10-03 10:17:46

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: Slight bug in phplugins-pangolin-sample.php...

Thanks! We appreciate the appreciation, and thank you also for the excellent typo spotting. I'll fix that for future distributions. I'm glad to hear you're finding good use for the new features. big_smile

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2018-10-03 23:22:24

kolohe280

I've been interested in the possibilities of this feature since I saw the announcement, but I've been wondering where to look to find information and what information is available and how to access it.

#4 2018-10-04 00:57:08

rod barbee
Website

It’s done through phplugins. Go to the docs page for info on phplugins

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2018-10-05 00:08:51

kolohe280

I've done that, Rod.  But I don't see anywhere that gets into the actual data that I have access to.  I am using phplugins to add some headers to my pages and support Adobe fonts, so I'm familiar with it.

#6 2018-10-05 01:45:06

rod barbee
Website

Matt and Ben will have to comment on what data is accessible

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer