Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-30 23:10:13

pideja

Breadcrumbs on large image page

On this site pideja.ca/tnm I have enabled breadcrumbs in the galleries. However, I would like to extend the breadcrumbs to the large image page https://pideja.ca/tnm/galleries/saison- … single.php
You will notice that the breadcrumbs stop at the gallery page but I would like that the filename (as it appears under the gallery thumbnails) is displayed in the breadcrumbs. It would serve as a reminder of which image we are looking at.

Is this possible?

#2 2018-10-02 21:58:26

pideja

Re: Breadcrumbs on large image page

Rebuilding this site in Backlight 2. Going well but I still have this pesky problem: how to identify the large image? I tried to use the breadcrumbs feature ( I had done it before with Backlight, or was it CE4?) but it does not work.

So now, I'm trying to use the Metadata feature in Backlight / DesignerTemplates / TNM production / Page Content to indicate the Filename and the Albums/Edit/Pages/Page Content to list the credits.

It makes good sense to list the credits on the thumbnail page and the Filename in the Large Image page.

Except that I can't change the Metadata text below the large image. I changed the Metadata to {Filename} but I still get the Caption. All caches where cleared.

UPDATE: After many cache clearings and republishing of the faulty album, the Filename is now displayed under the large images.

Last edited by pideja (2018-10-02 22:34:07)

#3 2018-10-03 06:54:21

rod barbee
Website

to your breadcrumb question (or have you solved that? I'm not sure as your second post seems unrelated to the topic), you now have phplugins access to Single Image pages via single_top and signle_bottom functions (not the slideshow images though).
You may be able to use that along with Daniel's code to add breadcrumbs to regular pages.
http://community.theturninggate.net/vie … hp?id=9005

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#4 2018-10-05 00:59:36

pideja

Thanks, Rod and I am sorry about the confusion probably caused by my "updates". The fact is I changed the Metadata to {Filename} the Filename is now displayed under the large images. As for the Filename in the breadcrumbs, I pretty much abandoned (for now) this idea.

#5 2018-10-12 15:41:08

Ben

I've added the breadcrumb back to the parent album and then another un-clickable breadcrumb for the photo title itself.  This had been lost between the Okapi and Pangolin modules.  The fix will be in the next maintenance update in the coming few days.

#6 2018-10-12 22:29:15

pideja

Thank you, Ben. Looking forward to using it.

Board footer