Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-25 04:28:16

dougc

Template help needed

I have upgraded to Backlight 2, and I am trying to update my web site using the latest templates (Pangolin).  Previously I was using Backlight 1 (and before that CE4, etc.) but had not updated all of my templates from Okapi to Pangolin.  I am rectifying that now. In the process I am trying to clean up many things that have nagged me for a while.

My difficulty is that I am spending an inordinate amount of time trying to figure out which template settings do what.  For example, there are many “Background Colors” (Color: Base - Backgrounds, Background: Page Background, Top Pallet: Background-color, Masthead: Primary Masthead: Background-color, etc.), and I cannot seem to figure out which ones to change to affect the background color I want to change.

For example, in the Masthead of my web site ( www.collinsnet.us ), I want the background color to match the almost black color behind the title words of my identity plate so the identity plate blends seamlessly into the Masthead.  None of the settings I have tried change that background color.  I have saved the change to the template, cleared the cache, and reloaded my web site after each time I have made a change.

Another question:  The online documentation describes a way to monitor changes instantly by adding “?autoRefresh” to the url of the page whose template is being changed.  This does not seem to work for me.  Am I doing something wrong here or does this feature no longer exist?  Is there a specific browser I need to use for this feature?

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Doug

#2 2018-09-25 04:42:28

rod barbee
Website

Re: Template help needed

The background color of your masthead is currently #2C2C2C
Take a look for that in your page template under Masthead > Primary Masthead > Background Color. You should be able to change it there.

Matt has a video in this blog post that demonstrates how color is used in a template:
http://theturninggate.net/2017/06/30/ba … available/

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2018-09-25 08:24:09

dougc

Re: Template help needed

Rod,

Thanks so much.  Knowing specifically which "Background Color" to change made it easy to change my Masthead in the way I wanted.  I haven't had a chance to view Matt's video yet, but I will review it and I hope that will facilitate me making other color changes.

Doug

Board footer