Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-22 02:53:36

pideja

link problem

This one baffles me: I added an album of galleries to an existing Pangolin site. Should be routine. But this time, once in the galleries thumbnails, cliquing the link takes me to...the Backlight/Client Response settings page! Looking everywhere for the glitch: the URL is correct (taken from the slug) and when I type it in manually it works.

What did I miss?

Album: https://pideja.ca/tnm/galleries/

Problem gallery:https://pideja.ca/tnm/galleries/saison- … bellebete/

I recently converted this site to HTTPS. Could that be an issue here?

UPDATE: Just to check, I re-published an existing gallery from another album in the same site. Did not change anything. Same result. A normally functioning gallery is now working. The link sends to the Backlight/Client Response settings page as well.

The "latest" problem gallery:https://pideja.ca/tnm/galleries/saison- … es-femmes/

Last edited by pideja (2018-09-22 03:04:57)

#2 2018-09-22 03:27:21

pideja

Re: link problem

In Backlight/Publisher/Top-level Galleries/PRODUCTIONS/Edit I changed the "Order Albums By" to slug.

Now the galleries show up correctly. Except, if this change was not made until now, why did the galleries show up before?

And the breadcrumb in the gallery should read: "PRODUCTIONS/Saison 2010-2011/Le Dieu du carnage" instead reads: "Your Albums/Le Dieu du carnage"

Notice that PRODUCTIONS has been changed to Your Albums and links back to...the Backlight/Client Response settings page!

Last edited by pideja (2018-09-22 03:42:03)

#3 2018-09-22 04:53:11

rod barbee
Website

pideja wrote:

This one baffles me: I added an album of galleries to an existing Pangolin site. Should be routine. But this time, once in the galleries thumbnails, cliquing the link takes me to...the Backlight/Client Response settings page! Looking everywhere for the glitch: the URL is correct (taken from the slug) and when I type it in manually it works.

What did I miss?

Album: https://pideja.ca/tnm/galleries/

Problem gallery:https://pideja.ca/tnm/galleries/saison- … bellebete/

I recently converted this site to HTTPS. Could that be an issue here?

UPDATE: Just to check, I re-published an existing gallery from another album in the same site. Did not change anything. Same result. A normally functioning gallery is now working. The link sends to the Backlight/Client Response settings page as well.

The "latest" problem gallery:https://pideja.ca/tnm/galleries/saison- … es-femmes/

Check the Visibility of the album in Lightroom under the Features tab. Looks like it's set to "Private - requires Client account and access"

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#4 2018-09-22 04:58:17

rod barbee
Website

pideja wrote:

In Backlight/Publisher/Top-level Galleries/PRODUCTIONS/Edit I changed the "Order Albums By" to slug.

Now the galleries show up correctly. Except, if this change was not made until now, why did the galleries show up before?

And the breadcrumb in the gallery should read: "PRODUCTIONS/Saison 2010-2011/Le Dieu du carnage" instead reads: "Your Albums/Le Dieu du carnage"

Notice that PRODUCTIONS has been changed to Your Albums and links back to...the Backlight/Client Response settings page!

Is this a different problem than the other?

Your galleries will show up no matter what order you have set.
I'm not understanding your other problem. As far as I can see, the first breadcrumb is PRDUCTIONS

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2018-09-22 06:05:11

pideja

Simply put, when I go to the Album set (PRODUCTIONS) I see five galleries which are production seasons of this theatre. Anyone of these seasons contains 4 or 5 galleries (the actual shows). All of the shows for the 2010-2011 season and the first two of the 2011-2012 seasons lead to the Backlight/Customer Response settings page.

Part of the same problem: when running correctly, as in any other season/show, the breadcrumbs read PRODUCTION/the year/the show title and the image number (when in large image display).

I've checked the Lightroom Publisher settings and they seem all identical. I checked the Visibility of the album in Lightroom under the Features tab. They are all the same, regardless of the gallery kinking correctly or not.
This gallery doesn't link correctly:
This gallery is ok:
So I really don't see what's the problem.

#6 2018-09-22 06:52:28

rod barbee
Website

sorry, I was looking at Backlight 2 Publisher. Look under the Integration tab for anything to do with Client Response

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2018-09-22 08:04:24

pideja

I am at a loss. Looking at the integration tab for a gallery that links to the CRG by mistake

and then to a gallery that operates correctly

I fail to notice any difference between them.

#8 2018-09-22 08:09:10

rod barbee
Website

This explains why when clicking on those albums you're confronted with a Client Response login screen.
I'm not sure I see what the problem is. If you don't want them managed by Client Response, turn that off.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2018-09-23 01:52:15

pideja

This raises many questions:
- if all albums had the "managed by Client Respons Admin" under the Integration tab, why did they function accurately?
- I have currently removed this setting on those albums that were being routed to the CRG admin page, and now they
  display properly. Even the breadcrumbs display correctly. But now, on this site pideja.ca/tnm, I have albums
  that do have the "managed by Client Respons Admin" and others where the setting is "unmanaged" but they all
  display correctly!
- lastly, none of the albums send back client response messages anymore, as for before, they did. 

It might be of interest to note that this site http://pideja.ca/gbc/galleries/ works correctly. The CRG is OK and it does send messages and returns a confirmation of message sent. And they all are set to "managed by client response".

#10 2018-09-23 02:07:26

pideja

As a further test, I returned the Integration setting for theLa Belle et la bête gallery in the Saison 2010-2011 to managed by Client Respons Admin and of course it now redirects to the Backlight/CRG/Admin page when in Firefox, but on CHROME it displays correctly. Except so how I can't test the client response because I get this:

Never seen this one before.

Last edited by pideja (2018-09-23 02:13:36)

#11 2018-09-23 03:21:58

rod barbee
Website

- if all albums had the "managed by Client Respons Admin" under the Integration tab, why did they function accurately?

I believe that only album templates that are using the Client Response add-on will even be able to use the Client Management features, otherwise they are greyed out and inoperative. So check your album template to make sure it's not using the Client Response add-on

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#12 2018-09-23 07:57:47

pideja

This site has been online for over a month. It was working perfectly. Yesterday, I decided to add another album set containing four albums. Using the same identical templates, I used Lightroom's Publisher (already created for this site) and just added another album set with its four galleries.

What could have gone wrong? And where: in Publisher or in the Backlight settings?

#13 2018-09-23 08:14:14

rod barbee
Website

pideja wrote:

As a further test, I returned the Integration setting for theLa Belle et la bête gallery in the Saison 2010-2011 to managed by Client Respons Admin and of course it now redirects to the Backlight/CRG/Admin page when in Firefox, but on CHROME it displays correctly. Except so how I can't test the client response because I get this:

http://pideja.ca/img/6.png

Never seen this one before.

What you’re seeing is normal.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#14 2018-09-23 08:15:09

rod barbee
Website

pideja wrote:

This site has been online for over a month. It was working perfectly. Yesterday, I decided to add another album set containing four albums. Using the same identical templates, I used Lightroom's Publisher (already created for this site) and just added another album set with its four galleries.

What could have gone wrong? And where: in Publisher or in the Backlight settings?

Hard to tell without looking closer at your settings

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#15 2018-09-23 21:06:36

pideja

Well, I'd appreciate you taking a look because I can't find the error.

pideja.ca/tnm/backlight   admin / NouveauMonde

#16 2018-09-23 21:19:51

pideja

Found this in the source code :

<ul class="breadcrumbs"><li itemscope itemtype="http://data-vocabulary.org/Breadcrumb"><a href="https://pideja.ca/tnm/backlight/client-response/?a=list_albums" itemprop="url"><span itemprop="title">Productions</span></a></li><li itemscope itemtype="http://data-vocabulary.org/Breadcrumb"><span itemprop="title">Le Dieu du carnage</span></li></ul>

and this:

<script>

var crgOptions = {
	album_id: '52668',
	album_url: 'https://pideja.ca/tnm/galleries/saison-2010-2011/02-carnage/',
	crg_url: 'https://pideja.ca/tnm/backlight/client-response/',
	display_thankyou: false,
	feedback_button_selector: 'a[class^=feedback]',
	lights_level: 'on',
	core_path: 'https://pideja.ca/tnm/backlight/modules/okapi-core/',
	module_path: 'https://pideja.ca/tnm/backlight/modules/module-client-response/',
	log_messages: false,
	magnific_exists: true,
	profile_id: '1',
	profile: 'default'
};

// Do not edit below this line
crgOptions['crg_url'] += (crgOptions['crg_url'][crgOptions['crg_url'].length-1])!='/'?'/':'';
$(function() {
	jQuery.getScript('https://pideja.ca/tnm/backlight/modules/module-client-response/lib/js/jquery.ttgcrg-backlight.js', function() {
		if (!("TTGCrg" in window)) {
			return;
		}
		$('body').ttgcrg(crgOptions);
		jQuery.getScript('https://pideja.ca/tnm/backlight/modules/module-client-response/lib/js/ttgcrg.hooks.js', function() {});
	});
});

$(function() {
 	var crnt_width  = $(window).width();
	var is_mobile   = crnt_width <= 1024;

if( is_mobile ){
	// do nothing
	} else {
	// !is_mobile
	// ...
	}
});

</script>

But what does it mean and how did that get there?

Last edited by pideja (2018-09-23 21:22:45)

#17 2018-09-23 22:00:09

pideja

I checked in other browsers...In season 2010-2011, HAMLET settings in Integration/Client Managment = unmanaged but CARNAGE is Managed by Client Response Admin.

In OPERA, clicking on the CARNAGE button links to the Backlight Client Response Admin page; clicking the HAMLET button goes to the album. The page functions normally with the client response message is enabled.

In FIREFOX and SAFARI, the same results.

But in CHROME, the CARNAGE button leads to the gallery but it is forbidden to use the Client Response (see the box I posted earlier). But, the PRODUCTION breadcrumb leads back to...the Client Response Admin page!
As for the other test gallery HAMLET, it functions normally save for the Client Response message: I can select images, fill in the CR form but no mail is sent and of course no acknowledgment message.

I must admit I'm a bit bewildered!

#18 2018-09-23 22:47:57

rod barbee
Website

Both of your album templates are using the Client Response add-on, which is why you see the code you do in the page source.

At any time in your testing are you logged in to Backlight? If so, log out and try your tests again.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#19 2018-09-24 01:51:22

rod barbee
Website

I see that the Backlight version for the site is 1.1.1, the final version of Backlight 1 is 1.2.3 release 5.
You're also using Client Response version 7.1.2, which is the latest version for Backlight 1. The Changelog for Client Response states that you should be using Backlight version 1.2 or newer.

So the first thing to try is updating your Backlight 1 installation to the latest version.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#20 2018-09-24 05:33:44

pideja

I noticed that. I am now editing Backlight in Chrome and viewing results in Firefox.

I will bring Backlight up to speed. Hope this doesn't mess up things more.

#21 2018-09-24 06:01:46

pideja

Did the Backlight update. All albums in the "Saison 2010-2011" gallery have reverted back to being managed by Client Response. Also, the "Production" breadcrumb bring me to the Client Response Admin page.

Now, click on the "Saison 2010-2011" button will bring you to the four productions. Click on each button will take you to the images, But even if I can select images, I cannot send the message because of the same restriction as seen previously on an earlier post.

Turning in circles...

#22 2018-09-24 06:11:24

rod barbee
Website

You mean that restriction that tells you you can’t send feedback if you’re logged in to Backlight?
Are you logged in to Backlight while trying to view these albums??

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#23 2018-09-25 01:54:56

pideja

I am currently inspecting all Album Sets (called "Saisons xxxx-xxxx") and the albums within each (these have production titles).
I will look at the behavior when clicking on a show button and when possible, I will check if I can select and transmit through the Client Response a message containing these selections.
I will do this on Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. All albums are set at Integration/managed by Client Response admin as they should be. 

I hope to find a hint or an idea of the problem or at least have an overall feel for how this site pideja.ca/tnm responds.

I'll get back to this forum soon.

For the moment, nothing works as it should.

#24 2018-09-25 02:55:21

rod barbee
Website

Also try going to Client Response settings and changing the Client Response Template to a different one. Save. See if the albums are now viewable. If that works, change back to your preferred template and check again.

When checking some of the albums I'm getting security warnings. I bypass those and see the CR login. From the albums I've looked at, it appears this is happening only to client response managed albums. Is this your experience too?

For the problem in #10 above, were you logged into Backlight at the time? Have you since tried any of those albums while logged out or in a different browser (sorry, losing track of what you've tried)

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#25 2018-09-26 02:31:39

pideja

Also try going to Client Response settings and changing the Client Response Template to a different one. Save. See if the albums are now viewable. If that works, change back to your preferred template and check again.

I changed the Client Response Template and (in Chrome) when it's set at page de base in the first two galleries (Saison 2010-2011 & 2011-2012) the show buttons lead to a blank page with an email/password request.
base
Whereas the other three gallery sets display the productions normally. Except that no Client Response message can be sent!
All albums are set tomanaged by Client Response...

When I change the CR Template to Backlight Standard Page, I get the same request in the first two Album sets (Saisons...) but displaying differently:
standard

At every change I make, I clear the template cache and the browser cache.

Board footer