Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-12 07:42:55

gengl
Website

Master Username/Password

Backlight2 Pangolin albums uploaded via Lightroom CC -

When trying to access password protected album set, BL2 asks for Access Code - which works when it corresponds to the individual passwords assigned via Lightroom.

How do I use established Master Username/Master Password ? Although enabled in BL2 settings, there is nowhere to enter a Master Username at all, and the "Enter Access Code" box will not accept the Master Password I set.

#2 2018-09-12 08:09:29

Ben

Re: Master Username/Password

The Master Username/Password has become redundant over time, and it's something we should have removed.  You should be able to gain the same rights as what the master username/password provided by being logged into the Backlight Admin in the same browser.  Please let us know if that's not the case.

#3 2018-09-12 08:25:21

gengl
Website

Being logged in to BL2 Admin, I can access and view all of the photos as you said.

What I cannot do is test an album to make sure everything works (cart, packages, etc.) without the access code assigned to the customer.

#4 2018-09-12 08:27:39

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Perhaps create a test client for yourself, and assign the gallery to that user. This way you can interact as a client, without polluting that client's space with test data. Using Chrome, you can open a new Incognito browser window, which will allow you to log in as the test client, while staying logged in as admin in the other window.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#5 2018-09-12 08:30:07

Ben

Can you elaborate?  The Access Code and Client logins are separate mechanisms.  The master username/password worked in conjunction with what is now the access code, and shouldn't have had any bearing on client logins.
What specifically can't you access while logged in as admin?  A sample URL would be great.

#6 2018-09-12 21:22:11

gengl
Website

Firstly, I am speaking of a normal password protected album - in my case, albums within password protected album sets. I am NOT referring to client response albums.

When logged in to BL2 admin and reviewing existing albums in Backlight => Publisher => Galleries => Albums  if you click on "View" for a password protected album you are taken to the "Access Code" page - at which point the only password or access code accepted is the one assigned to that particular album via Lightroom. The Master Password is rejected.

You can still review all of the photos and/or add/delete photos via the Galleries => Albums link, but you cannot "view" the album as your client would and verify that all is well (unless you maintained a listing of the various passwords assigned to each album set). With multiple albums assigned varying passwords through Lightroom - and the added fact that as a matter of course I have not maintained a listing of those individual passwords - having relied on master password access in the past - I'm faced with either changing the existing password to something I know and notifying the client of the change, or trying to establish a password list for clients after the fact.

#7 2018-09-13 03:25:24

gengl
Website

Is there a work-around possible with this issue - perhaps thru PHPlugins?

#8 2018-09-13 05:24:40

speacock110

A global login for publisher based password protection would be really usefull for me as well as to check each album I have to look through my list for each album and then login each. This was especially a pain recently as i was cheking all albums due to updating to BL 2.
For client based work I do exactluy as suggested I have a global client (me) and set then to access all CRG protected albums with this single login. It saves me having to look up client logins and as Matthew says it stops poluting client data.

#9 2018-09-13 07:37:29

Ben

gengl wrote:

When logged in to BL2 admin and reviewing existing albums in Backlight => Publisher => Galleries => Albums  if you click on "View" for a password protected album you are taken to the "Access Code" page - at which point the only password or access code accepted is the one assigned to that particular album via Lightroom. The Master Password is rejected.

Thanks for the further explanation.  I wasn't aware that it would ask for an access code in that case.  If logged in as admin it shouldn't ask for one.
I'll look into that and fix it if needed.
A further enhancement would be to rework the master credentials to become 'master access code', giving another option of accessing albums.

#10 2018-09-14 03:03:57

gengl
Website

Okay Ben, if you can fix it that would be great!

And I'd like to add my kudos about the improvements in BL2 - installation was as smooth as silk, and the update procedure is the best yet. Thanks for a great product - and thanks to Matt, Ben, Rod and Daniel for great support.

#11 2018-09-14 21:33:47

Ben

Thanks for the kind words, it's much appreciated.  I'm glad you've had a good experience with the new updates.

#12 2018-09-14 22:21:03

jherman
Website

Similar issue. I have private album sets and galleries. Not using CRG. The master password allowed access to them all and the individual visitor passwords allowed access to their individual collections.

As suggested above, the private gallery requests an access code. I then logged into BL2, Chrome seems happy as the right lower corner icon is now present. Still requests the access code.

User with too little time but coding is therapeutic.

Board footer