Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-08 19:58:49

4thdesign

Assigning different digital download prices to products/categories?

I am really struggling to assign a different price to an album in Lightroom via backlight.

I have about 9 different categories, 8 of these have the same price for all downloads in each one, but the 9th category I am trying to assign as a different price, and no matter what i do, i just cant seem to do it. Its crazy, or perhaps thats just me??

I have managed to create a drop down box now for all images and categories when someone adds the image to their cart and can choose a different price, but thats not the way I want to do it. I want, if possible, to assign a price to different categories.

I feel like i am going round and round in circles and at the point of giving up now.

Please advise someone...... I love backlight, but it can be a bit frustrating at times! smile

#2 2018-07-08 22:19:32

rod barbee
Website

Re: Assigning different digital download prices to products/categories?

the Cart works with Products that have Attributes and Options. But you’re describing categories, which makes it hard to visualize what you’re trying to do.

Could you go into more detail about how you’ve set up your products and Pricing Schemes? Maybe provide some screen shots?

And a link to an album always helps.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2018-07-08 22:31:39

4thdesign

This is my albums in Lightroom:
albums.PNG

For each album, I want to provide a digital download and have each album set to a different price.

I have done this for 2 albums, but when I try to replicate what I have done, it simply comes up with an error on my website telling me no products are available to purchase - Please try again later, or contact the photographer if this problem persists.

Which is not correct, as the files are uploaded etc etc.....

I seem to be having difficulty understanding in backlight administration, the following..... packages, products and pricing schemes.

I know, its fairly easy to understand, but how the hell am I getting this so wrong that it comes up with the error above?? I am editing the album to reflect the Integration that matches my pricing scheme in backlight administration. What on earth am i doing wrong or missing????

I have spent the last 4 hours mucking around with changing so may options just in those 3 areas that either i am confusing myself, or backlight seems to be confused.

This is so frustrating!!!! Please help smile

#4 2018-07-08 22:43:20

rod barbee
Website

That error often comes up if you haven’t completed a pricing profile or filled in shipping costs.

It’s also hard to tell what you’re doing wrong without seeing what you’re doing. Screen shots of your Product and Pricing Scheme setups in Backlight would help.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2018-07-08 22:55:35

4thdesign

I would rather give you the details privately Rod, rather than on here...... I am not sure if thats possible though so you can login to the admin side of backlight and take a look?

#6 2018-07-09 01:17:19

rod barbee
Website

You can send me Backlight Guest Updater credentials via email, but I may not have time to take a close look until tommorow or later.
http://community.theturninggate.net/vie … hp?id=8122
However, If you can outline how you have your products and pricing set up, there are others here who use the Cart extensively and may be able to offer some advice.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2018-07-09 01:54:31

4thdesign

Rod,

Thank you.

I have just emailed you. smile

Board footer