Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-08 01:36:09

peter

A more obvious way for clients to submit their selections?

It's pretty intuitive to me, but a lot of our clients are not sending us their picks from a client select gallery.

We sometimes get a separate email from them telling us they've made their selections but I have to log in to Backlight and check the Feedbacks manually.

And sometimes we contact them after not hearing back from them. We know they have made choices by logging on as them and seeing their 'hearts' or (occasionally checking the Feedback), and when we do ask them if they have made their choices, they usually reply with 'Yes, did you not get them?'

Any way to make this even more obvious that they have to 'Submit' them??

Peter

#2 2018-07-08 06:07:59

rod barbee
Website

Re: A more obvious way for clients to submit their selections?

Add text to the gallery copy that explains what to do?
If you send an email telling them that their gallery is ready, you could include submission instructions, perhaps even a screen shot of the button they need to click.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2018-07-08 14:42:34

mridley
Website

peter wrote:

It's pretty intuitive to me, but a lot of our clients are not sending us their picks from a client select gallery.

We sometimes get a separate email from them telling us they've made their selections but I have to log in to Backlight and check the Feedbacks manually.

And sometimes we contact them after not hearing back from them. We know they have made choices by logging on as them and seeing their 'hearts' or (occasionally checking the Feedback), and when we do ask them if they have made their choices, they usually reply with 'Yes, did you not get them?'

Any way to make this even more obvious that they have to 'Submit' them??

Peter

I often have the same issues,  would it be possible to add a popup note if they try and exit the gallery saying something like "you have selections that have not yet been submitted?

#4 2018-07-09 00:56:04

peter

rod barbee wrote:

Add text to the gallery copy that explains what to do?
If you send an email telling them that their gallery is ready, you could include submission instructions, perhaps even a screen shot of the button they need to click.

We do send an initial email when the gallery is ready for them and include instructions to 'click the heart icon after selections are made, to be able to email the choices to us' (or similar).

I think that they must gloss over the email as they are too excited to read it as they just want to see their engagement galleries.

I like the idea of the pop up, but they may be returning multiple times while making their choices. We had one bride that probably took 2 months to choose her 50 out of 300 images, so that might get annoying for some.

What about a blinking 'Click to submit when ready' icon, after 'x' amount of selections have been made?

Board footer