Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-06 08:05:45

jstephens576

Creating link to Backlight gallery from my wordpress site

I have an existing wordpress site that I would like to link to a back light gallery. The site is a playground right now but hoping to expand when I have time.  I am getting invalid reference to the photos (box with question mark).  Backlight / photos are set up exactly like my non-wordpress site that is working fine (I even exported / imported the template). I am not trying to make the galleries wordpress pages so if I understand correctly - I don't need the add-on.

I want to get the mechanics correct before I change the templates and build additional albums. Can you advise?

Thanks

FYI  - Solution was the URL in the LR TTG Publisher - Since this was a sub-site, I needed to add the parent site to the URL. Turned out an easy fix! Thanks for the tip.

Last edited by jstephens576 (2018-07-07 07:57:20)

#2 2018-07-06 09:11:41

rod barbee
Website

Re: Creating link to Backlight gallery from my wordpress site

have you checked your site URL settings in Backlight Settings?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2018-07-06 10:48:58

Matthew
Administrator
Website

The Wordpress add-on allows you to generate a Wordpress theme from Backlight's designer. That's really all it's for, so if you don't need to do that, then you don't need it.

For some reason, your image URLs are returning a 403:Forbidden error. Seems like a problem with your server, and so I would advise you to contact your host to resolve the issue, or perhaps see whether there's anything amiss in your .htaccess file. I suppose it might also be worthwhile to check whether you have any Wordpress security plugins or hosting service add-ons that might be blocking access to your image files.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#4 2018-07-06 11:52:24

jstephens576

Okay - so - that makes sense now that you point to the URL. FYI - this is a sub domain on Bluehost. My main site does have a redirection - could affect the setting for backlight URL?  Which directory should the .htaccess be on a site hosted in a subdirectory? Both the main site and this one are under the public_html directory.

1st - www.maindomain.com/public_html/currentBLgallery
2nd - www.maindomain.com/public_html/subsite

I don't know if wordpress is also the culprit but I deactivated all plugins with no change. The wordpress directory is the same as the directory that backlight is installed.

Calling Bluehost will be an option when I have a few hours. Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Last edited by jstephens576 (2018-07-07 08:15:02)

#5 2018-07-06 12:10:27

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Redirections can sometimes be problematic. Depends on how they are handled. I might expect something other than a 403 error in that case, though. Anything I could say would be shots in the dark. I think you should contact your host as soon as you're able.

Matt

#6 2018-07-06 12:59:36

jstephens576

Thanks - appreciate any thoughts!

#7 2018-07-07 02:39:19

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Cheers. Do feel free to return to this thread after talking to them, if there's anything interesting about their response, or if you feel there's follow up that can or should happen on this side of the fence.

Matt

#8 2018-07-07 08:14:29

jstephens576

I updated original post but will add what I found here. I did not have the correct URL in the LR TTG Publisher. Even though the sub site URL brings up the domain, I needed to add the full URL in LR for it to find the right backlight/publisher directory.  Glad I decided to walk through all the URL settings before trying to contact the server folks. Was a bit tricky to get it correct.

I may still have to call to understand how to get the subset URL displayed in the address bar when the album is retrieved. It displays the full main_url not the subsite_url that I would want to show. Well - need to call anyway I suppose but will have a simpler question.
Thanks again.

Board footer