Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-14 01:48:31

andy.photos.bell

Facebook pixel & Backlight cart

Facebook pixel has tracking options for such things as items being added to the cart. etc.

They provide functions to use to enable such tracking but I'm not sure where to add these - is there an easy way to do it or would it mean updating the code (wwhich I don't mind doing, but it would be a pain when Backlight is upgraded).

I've got the basic php plugins code working for Pixel...

Andy

#2 2018-06-17 22:49:59

rod barbee
Website

Re: Facebook pixel & Backlight cart

Just looked this up on Facebook and the instructions say to insert it just before the closing </head> tag.
You would use the ttg_head hook for this ( going off memory here, be sure to check in the phplugins file)

The problem you’ll run into is that there are a lot of single quotes in their script so using the normal way of just using an echo statement (echo’), you'll need to escape all those single quotes by preceding them with a backslash:  \’

There’s another way of doing it that eliminates that need and I believe there us an example of this in the Pangolin-phplugins-sample.php file ( found in your Backlight download at Backlight/custom/phplugins/)

edit: it's the example that begins with:

echo <<<SCRIPT
	<script>

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer