Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-12 06:43:19

AlanSislen

Getting Closer, But Not Quite There

Rod and Others,
I apologize for all my very basic Backlight questions, but I assure you for each one I ask I have searched the documentation and searched the community forum and gone through the Backlight settings and templates before asking!

I have LR Publisher working to get a test collection published as a gallery on my test site (www.AlanSislenPhotography/backlight-test). I have two questions:
1 - I published a group of images that are being used for a Galleria add-in slideshow on my homepage.  In Publisher, I checked "Hide from Album Set" and "Hide from Search."  When I click on Galleries from my nav menu, that album still shows, but with an eyeball and a hash line through it.  I thought it wouldn't show???
2 - When a large image is shown from my test album, I can't use my keyboard arrow keys (or swipe on a mobile device) to move from image to image. I must have missed a setting somewhere, but I can't find it.

Thanks!

Alan

#2 2018-05-12 07:10:10

rod barbee
Website

Re: Getting Closer, But Not Quite There

When I click on Galleries from my nav menu, that album still shows, but with an eyeball and a hash line through it.  I thought it wouldn't show???

This happens when you look at your site while logged in to Backlight. If you log out and look, or look in a different browser, the album won't show up. That eye icon indicates that the album is hidden to viewers.

2 - When a large image is shown from my test album, I can't use my keyboard arrow keys (or swipe on a mobile device) to move from image to image. I must have missed a setting somewhere, but I can't find it.

The Single Image Pages presentation won't work with keyboard arrows or swiping. Use the Slideshow Presentation instead if you need those features.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2018-05-12 07:10:56

AlanSislen

Re: Getting Closer, But Not Quite There

As always ... thank you.

Board footer