Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-29 11:09:35

mindstorm

No menu on iPad/iPhone?

My website (www.mindstormphoto.com) has a blog on the home page. There is then a menu across the top to reach various photo galleries, and a right-side panel to directly reach older posts.  All that works fine on a computer screen, like my 27" iMac Pro.

However, when showing a friend tonight, I realized that neither an smartphone nor large iPad can reach those.  No menu across the top. No panel on the side. No "row of horizontal bars" to click to open it.  I ran this on WordPress tonight, simulating the smaller screens, and confirmed those items do not exist.

However, if I go to a gallery page (http://www.mindstormphoto.com/galleries/ecuador/ for Ecuador images), I DO see the row of horizontal bars, which I can click to reach a menu and thus jump to any other gallery.

What am I missing to get the menu show across the top of the blog page on small screens?

#2 2018-04-29 12:12:43

rod barbee
Website

Re: No menu on iPad/iPhone?

the menu does not appear across the top on small devices. Instead, it appears when you click on the mobile menu icon in either the upper right or upper left of the page. Since it's not appearing on yours, my guess is that you've disabled vertical navigation in the page template.
Go to your template > Navigation. Under Vertical Navigation: Location, set it to Pallet 1 and save.

(you may need to subsequently clear template cache)

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2018-04-29 13:48:53

mindstorm

@rod - Thx.  I checked that, and it was set to Pallet 1 already.  However, the color was set to transparent...?  I changed the color to black, but...

On my computer, I shrank the width of the browser until it was narrow enough to be similar to an iPad.  The top menu disappeared, and the expected popup did NOT appear.  I moved my mouse over that area, and discovered that the cursor changed from an arrow to a hand.  Sure enough, if I clicked there, the menu showed up.

I then went to my iPhone and tried it, Also, the menu pops up if I click in the upper right corner, but there is no icon visible.

I have already turned off the W3 cache. I tried clearing the template cache, but my change to to the color has not shown up.  I will wait a few hours and see if the change magically comes through, as it did with my earlier problems (when I had the W3 cache turned on).

#4 2018-04-29 15:07:17

rod barbee
Website

The icon color is probably the same as whatever background color you have.
Look under Top Pallet > Pallet Togle Button

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2018-04-29 16:33:04

mindstorm

@Rod - You are batting 1000 -- right again!

I was having trouble with things not looking right, and with changes not showing up on my system (W3 cache issue), and was setting some things wild to see what would happen.  Sure enough, I had set the icon here to transparent.

All is better now. Thx!  (I still have an odd menu color problem, but I will look further into that after some sleep -- it is 2:30AM here...)

Board footer