Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-17 05:27:24

Dave C

Missing Captions in Thumbnails & Large Images, & Watermark Position

Totally embarrassing!

When I set up backlight with my personal gallery, captions could be seen in both thumbails and large images. I'm now in the process of setting up a gallery in another site and I'm blowed if I can get captions to show! I've compared every setting in this 2nd album with those in my first. I've also checked LR settings.

Please - and sorry to be a pain - what am I not doing???

[And how do you get the watermark to be in the centre of the image? Again, I've managed it with my first album but not in the second!]

[I've copied the colour settings from my 1st into my 2nd.]

Last edited by Dave C (2018-04-17 05:30:45)

#2 2018-04-17 05:34:55

rod barbee
Website

Re: Missing Captions in Thumbnails & Large Images, & Watermark Position

in your album template look under Thumbnail Grid > Metadata Settings. Also look in Photo Presentation > Captions.

In both locations make sure you're using the metadata tokens needed for what you want to display.

In Lightroom, republish the album. If you're just going to update metadata, you can make this go faster by editing the Publisher settings and checking the "Push metadata without updating existing photos" box.

For your watermark, in Lightroom, edit the Watermark and change its location on the image. Changing watermarks requires that the photos themselves be republished (so don't check the "Push metatada..." box to update watermarks.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer