Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-29 08:15:04

deeley_s

publish fails the same database is locked

I have a backlight installation that was working perfectly well with no issues.  A friend told me that they couldn't access it, when I checked I found the same issue.  many of the image parts of the site are inaccessible.
I went into lightroom and tried to republish and I get the error message:
unable to perform this action: getsetupfortemplate
message: update query failed with error: [SQLSTATE:HY000] general error: 5 database is locked

I'm not aware of done anything different in terms of updating the site.  Any suggestions?how to unlock the database?

#2 2018-03-29 14:03:11

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: publish fails the same database is locked

I think we'll need to wait for Ben to chime in on this. In the meantime, can you provide a link to one of the albums that is inaccessible? It's helpful for us to see whether there are any errors printed to the page or the console.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2018-03-29 18:36:49

Ben

Hi, is this still failing?  If so, can you try the following, and see whether that solves it?

1. Login into Backlight admin
2. Visit Backlight > Settings
3. Click Show Advanced Settings, near the end of the page
4. Click 'Edit'
5. Change the setting for 'SQLite Journal Mode' to 'WAL (Write-ahead log)'
6. Click Save Settings

#4 2018-03-31 10:34:12

deeley_s

I can log into backlight admin, but when I click on Backlight settings, I get:

Update query failed with error: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 5 database is locked sql: 'UPDATE `engine` SET `identifier`=\'pangolin-core\', `product_suite`=\'pangolin\', `name`=\'Pangolin Core\', `type`=\'core\', `version`=\'1.2.3\', `path`=\'pangolin-core\', `modified`=\'2018-03-31 01:25:43\' WHERE `id`=\'91\'' params: array ( ) in PdoExtended.php on line 552

The website is www.artofthewild.co.uk. I can't get in to the front page. That just gives:

This page isn’t working
www.artofthewild.co.uk didn’t send any data.
ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

For once, I don't think it's something stupid I've done (although history is against me)

#5 2018-03-31 15:48:45

Ben

That’s no good. It’s nothing you’ve done wrong. Backlight likely isn’t closing a database connection when it should.
Can you provide me with FTP access and a Backlight admin login via email so that I can try and fix this for you?

#6 2018-07-29 14:44:11

deeley_s

Ben, you managed to resolve this issue last time by doing something to the database - I can' t recall what. But it's just happened again. The whole website has gone down with this message:

Something went wrong
Update query failed with error: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 5 database is locked sql: 'UPDATE `engine` SET `identifier`=\'pangolin-core\', `product_suite`=\'pangolin\', `name`=\'Pangolin Core\', `type`=\'core\', `version`=\'1.2.3\', `path`=\'pangolin-core\', `modified`=\'2018-07-29 05:31:43\' WHERE `id`=\'91\'' params: array ( ) in PdoExtended.php on line 55

Lightroom is giving me a long error message about action GetSetupforTemplate - I have it stored as a screenshot because  helpfully it won't let cut and paste it. Can I email it?

#7 2018-08-08 18:46:45

michilge
Website

That reminds me of an issue I had with my provider after they had been acquired by GoDaddy.

It turned out that the provider changed the setup up in a way that sqlite tried to write te,porary stuff to a path it did not have permission for. (/var/tmp/). My stuff is on shared hosting and customer scripts should not be allowed to write outside the customers home directory. SQLite3 has a sequence of possible locations for temporary stuff. Setting the environment variable $TMPDIR to an apropriate path might help:
putenv("TMPDIR=/some/path/within/userspace/");

In my case this had to be done by the provider's support desk.

Wish You success.

Full Thread is here: http://community.theturninggate.net/vie … hp?id=8723

#8 2018-08-08 18:50:02

michilge
Website

Quote from https://www.sqlite.org/tempfiles.html

5. Temporary File Storage Locations The directory or folder in which temporary files are created is determined by the OS-specific VFS.

On unix-like systems, directories are searched in the following order:

The directory set by PRAGMA temp_store_directory or by the sqlite3_temp_directory global variable
    The SQLITE_TMPDIR environment variable
    The TMPDIR environment variable
    /var/tmp
    /usr/tmp
    /tmp
    The current working directory (".")

The first of the above that is found to exist and have the write and execute bits set is used. The final "." fallback is important for some applications that use SQLite inside of chroot jails that do not have the standard temporary file locations available.

#9 2018-08-09 07:10:32

Ben

Hi Steve, who are you hosting with?

#10 2018-08-19 05:53:39

deeley_s

TSOHOST

#11 2018-08-19 06:15:39

deeley_s

I found your description of what you did last time to fix the error:

What I just tried was to copy the file out via FTP, delete it on the server, and then copy it back in again.  I did this both for backlight/data/publisher/master.sq3 and backlight/data/designer/master.sq3

Can this be done again?

Board footer