Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-13 08:50:28

Chris Kewish

Changing language in Client Response gallery help

I have made some advances to my Backlight and can now create a client select page. I now want to make the design of the template cater to what I need it for. I am based in Colombia South America so most of my clients are Spanish speaking.

Is there a way to have two styles of templates one in Spanish and one in English?

I have added some Spanish text in the Album Settings /Album Copy / Main Copy and wrote some instructions of how to use the Client Select Page but was wondering if it is possible in the Gallery Help box, to change the language to Spanish that describes the individual icons?

Mod note: split from earlier topic

#2 2018-03-13 09:28:03

rod barbee
Website

Re: Changing language in Client Response gallery help

Looks like you got the API key set. Great!

to do what you're asking now:

clone your existing Client Response album template. (on the Templates page, click on the name of the template. Then click Properties. You'll see a link to clone the template)

After making the clone, go into design > Add-Ons. It should already be set to Client Response. Scroll to the bottom where you'll see the Content/Legend/Help field. It's in html. Just edit that.

If you're asking about changing labels and messages that are part of the Client Response form and feedback, unfortunately, those settings are global, meaning all your Client Response album sets will use same language for response forms, labels, etc.

So if you wanted to have a totally Spanish language Client Response album (meaning all the labels in feedback, response forms, etc.) you would have to create a separate Spanish language site. Several users have gone this route, creating parallel sites for different languages.
You could do this by placing another installation of Backlight in a sub-domain or even a sub-folder and creating a second site.

To control the language used:

In Client Response Settings you'll see Language. This is where you choose the language to be used for those feedback labels and messages.
But first you need to create the language file. To do that go to Backlight > Client Response > Localizations and add a new localization for Spanish and fill out all the fields to translate.

There's also other areas to add localizations. If you're using Cart, you'll need to add one there. And there's one that covers general aspects of albums. You'll find that in Designer > Templates >Localizaton

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2018-03-13 12:04:28

Chris Kewish

So far I have just created a clone of the Client Select Album Template and gave it a new title. I changed the English wording html to Spanish.
But now, how do I tell it that I want this Album to be my new main Client Select Album?

#4 2018-03-13 12:08:31

Chris Kewish

Or what I mean to say is what are the steps I have to do to make this my main Client Select Album?

#5 2018-03-13 13:29:09

rod barbee
Website

You now have (at least) two Client Response album templates. You can assign them to albums in Lightroom when you create or edit an album..
There is no way to make it a default album template unless it’s the only album template you have.
When you create or edit an album, choose the album template from the drop-down in the Basic tab.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer