Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-08 19:18:54

lofty
Website

Moving a Sub Domain

Hi Guys,

been a while. Looking for a bit of advice, feel free to chip in. My main photography site is in a sub domain of our family web site on Bluehost. The family web site has been dismantled and does not exist any more and I want to move my photography site to be the primary. Bluehost help with the move and redirection and all that shmozzle, so no worries there. However my question is this; do I cut and paste the whole site into the new location and amend files, scripts setups etc. etc. or do I install a fresh copy of Backlight then export/Import templates and re-publish galleries all over again?

What do you guys think?

#2 2018-03-08 22:15:43

rod barbee
Website

Re: Moving a Sub Domain

You should be able to just move the whole thing.
You’ll need to change things like Site URL in Backlight settings and the API URL in The Lightroom Publisher plugin.
You may also need to re-upload any images you uploaded via the Backlight uploader.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2018-03-08 22:45:39

lofty
Website

Thanks Rod,

I assumed that I would have to update paths, but did not know whether there would be some buried nasties. Thanks for your reply, much appreciated as always...

#4 2018-03-08 23:11:17

rod barbee
Website

That uploaded images thing is hit and miss. It's happened to me every time I've moved a site from one domain to another, but it seems to be more the exception than the rule. Just something to watch for.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer