Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-23 10:15:59

johnblaustein
Website

Galleria thumbnails are blurry & other Publish Service questions

Hi again....

1)  I'm doing some tweaks to my site and have a test page I'm working with that isn't on the site menu:

http://www.johnblaustein.com/galleries/danube-galleria/

If you click on the Thumbnail button (top right), you will see that the vertical thumbs are sharp, but the horizontal ones are not.  Why?  I've tried all I can think of and can't solve this one.  I am refreshing the browser with auto-refresh and highlighting the URL and pressing return.

In my Design Templates > Album Settings > Renditions, I have Thumb width & height set to 350px.

In my Design Templates > Album Settings > Presentation, I have Thumb set to Pallet, no crop, width=300, height=200.  I've tried other combinations with no luck.

After making any change to these settings, I have gone back to LR Publish Services, right-clicked this album and selected Publish Now.  That did not fix the issue.  I then right-clicked and selected Mark To Republish and then clicked the Publish button in the upper right corner of the LR window.  That did not fix it either.  In Publish Options, I do NOT have the option checked for "Publish thumbnails without updating other renditions," but I also tried publishing with this option checked.  No luck.

I must be missing something, but I don't know what.

2)  On the subject of Publisher, is there any way to select one or more Albums or Album Sets in the Publisher pallet and right-click Publish Now to republish the full-size and thumbs for all the selected albums/sets at once?  What I notice is that if I double-click TTG Publisher and then click Edit, I get a dialog asking if I want to Republish All.  All that does is mark all albums to be republished, but it still requires selecting each one and clicking Publish in the upper right corner.

As always.... thank you...

John

Last edited by johnblaustein (2018-02-23 10:23:54)

#2 2018-02-23 10:55:40

rod barbee
Website

Re: Galleria thumbnails are blurry & other Publish Service questions

1- I'm looking on my laptop and the  thumbs look pretty good to me. Looking at the thumbs image info, it shows that they are 400px on the long side and scaled down to fit in the space allocated.

try clearing your browser cache to see if that changes things.

2- I don't see any way to republish more than one album at a time. Probably a Lightroom limitation.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2018-02-23 11:04:57

johnblaustein
Website

Oh Rod....

I'd call you a genius, but you'd just tell me I'm exaggerating!

1)  Clearing the browser cache did it.  (Now why didn't I think of that? !!!!)

2)  Well, at least I'm not missing something.

I'm really liking Galleria with the thumbnail pallet and the caption turned on.  So elegant.

Onward... and thank you...

John

#4 2018-02-24 05:14:46

kolohe280

Regarding publishing more than one album at a time......

Lightroom will allow it.  All you have to do is go to each album and click on publish and it will start multiple publishing streams.  However, don't do it!!!  Either Lightroom of Backlight (not really sure which) can't handle it, and you will end up with messed up galleries on your site.  Some of the things you'll see are captions missing and photos out of order.  It's easy to fix, but a waste of time.

There is one way that does work, but it won't apply in all circumstances.  If you have a collection/album set defined in the publisher interface. you can click on it (bringing up the display of all the photos in the set), and then click on Publish, and it will work it's way through everything in the albums in that set that needs to be published.  Since that does them one at a time, things don't get screwed up.

#5 2018-02-24 05:27:11

rod barbee
Website

Good to know about albums in a set. I'll have to give that one a try
I was assuming John meant select more than one album and click once to republish them all rather than having to click publish for each.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#6 2018-02-24 09:31:23

johnblaustein
Website

kolohe280,

Thanks very much for that explanation and information.

Rod is correct that I had asked if it's possible to select one or more albums or album sets and then republish them all with one click.  While that isn't possible, your explanation about selecting an album set (containing multiple albums) and republishing all images with that set is very useful and will save a lot of time.  In my case, I have two sets plus one album not in either set, so it's pretty simple.  Each of my sets has multiple albums, so your one-click solutions is perfect.

Perhaps you can explain the difference between Publish Now and Mark To Republish--both on the context menu when right-clicking on an album or album set.  It's not clear if they do the same thing.  Publish Now starts a process when clicked, and Mark To Republish seems to turn on the Publish button in the upper right corner of the LR screen.  So.... is Publish Now the same as Mark To Republish+pressing the Publish button? 

John

Board footer