Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-20 06:36:02

tmszewczuk
Website

Trouble with Watermarking and Map in publisher features

Backlight R4

(1) Album specific Watermarking.
     (a) Tried unchecking Publisher setup Watermarking box, then went to Publisher Album edit --> Features --> Watermark to apply and selected the appropriate required Watermark for each album.  Result: my Watermark was applied on all album images.

(b) Tried Checking Publisher setup Watermarking box and selected my Watermark, then went to Publisher Album edit --> Features --> Watermark to apply and selected the appropriate required Watermark for each album.  Result: my Watermark was applied on all album images.

(2) Map Check box is greyed out. 2 of the 3 test albums have GPS coordinates as part of image metadata. I see no greyed out Map icon on my image pages.  Can you forward any info on how this works?  I have CE4 and this really works nice for me (example CE4 Gallery http://tomswarbirds.com/wlrm/airshows/W … _NC.2017/)

Backlight test site: http://portal-redesign.tomswarbirds.com/ttg/galleries/

Last edited by tmszewczuk (2018-02-20 06:36:36)

Thomas Szewczuk
Website  TestSite Admin-email
'The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten - Calvin Coolidge, 1923 - 1929'

#2 2018-02-20 08:31:13

rod barbee
Website

Re: Trouble with Watermarking and Map in publisher features

when changing watermark settings, you'll need to republish the images. Have you done so?
(make sure that neither "Publish thumbnails without updating other renditions" or "Push metadata without updating existing photos" are checked)

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2018-02-20 08:35:10

rod barbee
Website

(2) Map Check box is greyed out.

I didn't see any albums on your test site that can use maps. You need to be using a standard album set up (no Theater or Galleria)

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#4 2018-02-20 10:03:28

tmszewczuk
Website

Thanks Rod,
Still having problems with Item (1).  This item is checked (make sure that neither "Publish thumbnails without updating other renditions" or "Push metadata without updating existing photos" are checked) and I did republish all.  Question: in publisher setup should the Watermarks item be checked and selected?  Mine is not

Thomas Szewczuk
'The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten - Calvin Coolidge, 1923 - 1929'

#5 2018-02-20 10:17:35

rod barbee
Website

Since one of the options for Watermarks in the album set up is "Managed by Lightroom", that would require that Watermarks is checked in Publisher set up. I can only assume that applies to the other settings in the album set up. So give checking Watermark in Publisher setup a try.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#6 2018-02-21 02:25:49

tmszewczuk
Website

Thanks for looking into this Rod,
I ended up deleting the album requiring the special watermark, re-creating it in LrCC, Publishing it to server and it is OK now.  The other 2 albums using my watermark are also OK.

So, the settings in my case are:
-- Publisher: Setup is Check "Watermark" and select the global watermark (my logo)
-- Publisher: Album Edit --> Features --> select albums needing different Watermarks --> select that Watermark then Publish albums. 
-- To change to another Watermark same as above (in Album Edit)  but select your Watermark and Publish those albums
-- Logon to Baclikght admin and Clear Template Cache (I also clear cache on my Firefox browser)
-- Goto your Galleries images and see if the Watermarks are different.  In my case one album has the different logo.

It's alittle bit awkward but understandable.

Test Site: http://portal-redesign.tomswarbirds.com/ttg/

Question: really basic, how do I mark this problem report "Closed" or "Solved"?

Thomas Szewczuk

#7 2018-02-21 02:27:20

rod barbee
Website

Question: really basic, how do I mark this problem report "Closed" or "Solved"?

I guess you just did smile

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer