Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-13 02:20:03

johnshorephoto

consistency between LR published collections and CE4 albums on server

After a (major) LR hiccup, I'm having to rebuild my catalog starting from a catalog backup that's not recent.  The CE4 published collections in that backup album are no longer consistent with the albums currently on my CE4 website.   I can't figure out how to make them consistent, so would appreciate help.  In particular:

(1) How can I delete an album that's on the server but doesn't correspond to a published LR collection?  (I had put up the album after the date of the backup catalog I'm starting from.) 

(2) How can I create a published collection in LR that corresponds to an existing album on the server.  (I need to take control of server albums that I published.)

Note that if (2) is straightforward, I can take that route to accomplish (1).  '

Thanks in advance! 

js

#2 2018-02-13 04:05:20

rod barbee
Website

Re: consistency between LR published collections and CE4 albums on server

1) You'll need to delete the album from the database. Here's how: http://ttg-tips-and-tricks.barbeephoto. … -database/

2) Are the publisher collections still intact in Lightroom? I think you should just have to reconnect Publisher to the top-level gallery using your API Key.
If you're asking how to connect Publisher to an existing album and then have that album's images reflected in a new Publisher collection, then that's not possible.
You'd probably need to just rebuild the album in Publisher.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Pangolin test site, Backlight 1.1.1 test site

#3 2018-02-16 11:43:53

johnshorephoto

Re: consistency between LR published collections and CE4 albums on server

Hi Rod Barbee - 

Thanks for responding.  Much appreciate the info. 

js

Board footer