Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-05 04:18:59

christian-berlin
Website

Pangolin Galleria on Samsung mobile devices

Hi!

I make some test with the new Pangolin Galleria and during these I see the following problem. The fullscreen Icon ist not working on Samsug mobile devices, better the chorme browser on Samsung mobile devices. I check it with a Samsung S7 mobile and a old Samsung Tab S. If I use the Samsung browser on the Tab the fullscreen button works fine. All other buttons are working also fine.
Have someone else seen these behavior or have a too fat fingers? (but with the samsung browser I can hit the button.

Christian

#2 2018-02-05 14:41:08

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: Pangolin Galleria on Samsung mobile devices

Hi Christian,

Galleria utilizes the native fullscreen methods for each respective browser, for example:

... html.requestFullscreen || html.msRequestFullscreen || html.mozRequestFullScreen || html.webkitRequestFullScreen ...

You can see the calls are prefixed for each browser-type/manufacturer; "ms" for Microsoft (IE, Edge), "moz" for Mozilla (Firefox), "webkit" for Safari and, presumably, Chrome.

Deeper into the code, we can see that if none of this methods are supported, then the full-screen will simply not trigger:

if ( !_nativeFullscreen.instance ) {
                    return;
                }

The exclamation point negates the check, so "!_nativeFullscreen" basically says, "If we can't do full-screen, then 'return'", meaning that we exit the function, doing nothing.

Now, I don't expect you to read into the underlying code to find this for yourself. I'm just pointing it out to suggest that if the full-screen button isn't working, then it's likely not a problem with Galleria, and more likely a problem of the browser not supporting or having native full-screen methods, or at least not those "standard" methods used by the Galleria library.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2018-02-10 22:09:49

christian-berlin
Website

Re: Pangolin Galleria on Samsung mobile devices

Hi Matthew!

Thanks for your answer.

Matthew wrote:

Now, I don't expect you to read into the underlying code to find this for yourself. I'm just pointing it out to suggest that if the full-screen button isn't working, then it's likely not a problem with Galleria, and more likely a problem of the browser not supporting or having native full-screen methods, or at least not those "standard" methods used by the Galleria library.

I see this during tests on my mobild devices and it was new for my, that the browser have here also a setting to switch fullscreen mode on and off.
If I use firefox on the mobiel devises fullscreen works fine.

Christian

Board footer