Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-27 17:05:29

richam
Website

Title Metadata

From a template:  "Title metadata being absent, image file name will display instead."  How do we just change this to a blank or some other text when the Title field is empty?

Last edited by richam (2018-01-27 17:08:41)

#2 2018-01-27 22:42:07

rod barbee
Website

Re: Title Metadata

You can disable that display field or put a different metadata token in it or you can place your own text.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2018-01-28 00:54:43

richam
Website

Rod, What I'm trying to do is have the Title display when there is something in the field, but show either nothing or some alternate field or text when individual photos within an album have an empty Title field.  This is conditional for each photo.

One way to do this might be to select all the photos in lightroom that have a blank Title and put something like a single space in that field.  This seems inelegant and forces me to add the space to new images even when I don't want anything in the Title field.

Another way might be to disable the Title field and put {Title} {Caption} in the captions field.  I like the 2 separate lines, so would have to figure out a line break between the tokens to get it.  But this leaves the same font size, color, etc. for both lines.  I like to have a slightly smaller font for the 2nd Caption line and may want other options in the future.  Again inelegant and not what I'm looking for.

It seems to me that there must be a way to suppress the file name display when the Title is empty.  I tried the LUF token command without any success; perhaps I was using it wrong.  Alternately a css might do it.

#4 2018-01-28 01:09:27

rod barbee
Website

I don’t believe line breaks are possible (or any html for that matter), but give it a try.
Have you looked at LUA programming. With that you can execute if-then logic.
http://backlight.theturninggate.net/doc … lua__token

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2018-01-28 15:44:01

richam
Website

Rod, I think I got it using LUA (not LUF as I mistakenly typed in a previous entry).  In this case, I decided to insert the Folder name if the Title field is empty.  Tried to do it with simple = sign, but that didn't work.  So, thought it through backwards by using the not equal sign ~= and it worked.  Here's the text:

{LUA=if Title ~= "" then return Title else return Folder end }

Always had to remember to re-publish the metadata in LR every time I tried a revised LUA statement.  Slow going, but finally got it.

Thanks for the help.

Board footer