Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-26 05:55:19

john
Website

clean installation of backlight

I have procrastinated for a long time to install my backlight.  So I have nothing there but the bones of the site.  Can I do a clean install from backlight 123- release 4?  I cannot reset my password.  The password file does not exist on my installation when looking at it in the FTP site.  Perhaps a clean install will fix my problem?

#2 2018-01-26 06:00:40

rod barbee
Website

Re: clean installation of backlight

A clean install won't hurt anything as long as you don't have albums or album sets that you want saved.

Have you seen this about retrieving passwords:
http://backlight.theturninggate.net/doc … _passwords

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2018-01-26 06:14:57

Ben

One way to reset your system would be to remove or rename the file backlight/data/admin/master.sq3  That will cause a fresh copy of the default admin database to be made the next time you visit the admin.  From there you could set your basic settings anew, without affecting your templates or albums.

#4 2018-01-27 01:48:06

john
Website

Rob, I tried that and it didn't work for some reason.  I couldn't find the file password.txt nor could I retrieve or delete all passwords.  Maybe I deleted a file?? in any case, it was easier to reinstall.

Thanks Rob.

Ben, my website as it is presented now is TTG 3 I think.  That shows how much I have kept up with the changes.  So, it was easier for me to clean install.  Thank you as I now know another way to solve the problem in the future.

Board footer