Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-16 20:52:23

4thdesign

Catalog saving or TTG Publisher saving?

I am a little confused as to how to save my settings for whenever I need to install Lightroom again in the future.

An example of what I mean is as follows:

A few weeks ago I had to reinstall windows10 and all my associated programs like office, email etc etc including.... lightroom. When I did this i realised that my TTG publisher had to be reinstalled as well.

Having now recreated my albums and imported the images that go into my albums on my website, I would rather not have to do this all again in the future.

So my question is, how do I save my albums that I have created in Lightroom and not have to recreate the albums and the images associated with them?

Am sure there is a really simple solution, but rather than mucking around and making mistakes, I was hoping you guys can just tell me straight how to do it.
I have attached an image which shows the albums i have created to ensure you all know what I am talking about! smile

Thanks for your help.
Lightroom

#2 2018-01-16 21:07:00

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: Catalog saving or TTG Publisher saving?

Your albums should be a part of your catalog backup.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2018-01-16 21:22:21

4thdesign

So if I save my catalog, I can reopen this saved catalog and all the images and settings will be available?

Thats what I was hoping but am sure i tried this a few years ago and it didnt work, and worried that this wont work now for some reason.

Ideally, I want a catalog that I can use soley to add new images to it, publish to my site and thats it.
Another catalog that I can use purely for my modelling photographs

Is this possible?

#4 2018-01-16 21:42:35

rod barbee
Website

How many Lightroom catalogs you have is up to you.
Or you can do it all with one catalog. You can have more than one TTG Publisher instance in a catalog and use each to publish to different places.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer