Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-10 00:23:20

Thijs

need help with installation Backlight+Pages

I have copied the unzipped files to the directory [mydomain]/www/backlight. I then placed the hidden file .htaccess in the Backlight directory.
Next I went to www.[mydomain]/backlight.

I then got the following error message:

mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied|#0 [internal function]: ErrorHandler::handleError('../../backlight...') #1 /home/sites/webhosting/[mydomain]/[mydomain]/www/backlight/framework/helpers/GenericApplicationHelper.php(144): mkdir('../../backlight...') #2 /home/sites/webhosting/[mydomain]/[mydomain]/www/backlight/framework/helpers/AuthHelper.php(59): GenericApplicationHelper::makeDataDirectoryIfNeeded() #3 /home/sites/webhosting/[mydomain]/[mydomain]/www/backlight/framework/init.php(123): AuthHelper::handleSession() #4 /home/sites/webhosting/[mydomain]/[mydomain]/www/backlight/admin/index.php(24): require_once('/home/sites/web...') #5 {main}|URL: /backlight/admin/index.php

I checked the writability as per the instruction. The owner of the directory [mydomain]/www/backlight is allowed to write. The group nor the public is allowed to write.

I do not have a clue how to proceed any further, would much appreciate your help.
Regards,
Thijs

#2 2018-01-10 01:18:55

rod barbee
Website

Re: need help with installation Backlight+Pages

Just to be clear, you uploaded the entire backlight/ folder to the root of your site? You didn't first create a backlight folder and upload the backlight/ folder into that?

can you post a link to your site?

who is your host?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2018-01-10 01:24:55

Thijs

Thank you Rod.
the domain is http://www.bonsing.nl My hosting provider is Nedlinux.com in The Netherlands
[Currently (after mailing to install) I have renamed index.php to old index.php to be able to view the old test site) If necessary I can give it the original name again

Regards,
Thijs

#4 2018-01-10 01:34:04

rod barbee
Website

when you uploaded the backlight/ folder to the root of your site, did you upload anything else into that folder? Like the pages index.php file?
If so, delete that and re-upload the index.php file found in the backlight/ folder.

Otherwise, this is something Ben will need to look into.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2018-01-10 01:48:20

Thijs

I uploaded the entire folder to the part www of my domain. Except for readme.txt and TTG-Publisher.lrplugin, as indicated. The directory www of my domain contains the files accessible from the web. Is my understanding correct that this the root? (sorry I am a newbie)
Afterwards I only manually copied .htaccess to www/backlight

In order to try to solve it I moved .htaccess to and from www and www/backlight but that did not make any difference

The index.php (currently renamed old index.php) is in the directory www

#6 2018-01-10 01:57:39

rod barbee
Website

Sounds like you installed correctly. Your are right that the .htaccess file (included with the Pages module) does not belong in the backlight/ folder.

According to Wappalyzer, your site is running on CentOS operating system. I don't know if this is compatible or not. If it's a version of Linux, then it probably is. This will be something for Ben to look at. He's in Australia and if he has any sense he's sleeping right now. So give him some time.
He may ask for FTP access as well as Backlight admin credentials.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2018-01-10 02:08:51

Thijs

According to their site https://nedlinux.com/index.php?page=hosting they use  - I translate - "the Linux distribution CentOS (this being the free version of Red Hat Enterprise Linux)".
Thanks for your help so far

#8 2018-01-10 03:59:02

Daniel Leu
Website

Thijs wrote:

I uploaded the entire folder to the part www of my domain. Except for readme.txt and TTG-Publisher.lrplugin, as indicated. The directory www of my domain contains the files accessible from the web. Is my understanding correct that this the root? (sorry I am a newbie)
Afterwards I only manually copied .htaccess to www/backlight

In order to try to solve it I moved .htaccess to and from www and www/backlight but that did not make any difference

The index.php (currently renamed old index.php) is in the directory www

The .htaccess file from the download belongs into / and not /backlight.

Please check that the server side directory /backlight/data is writeable: http://backlight.theturninggate.net/doc … irectories

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

#9 2018-01-10 04:02:49

Daniel Leu
Website

rod barbee wrote:

Sounds like you installed correctly. Your are right that the .htaccess file (included with the Pages module) does not belong in the backlight/ folder.

According to Wappalyzer, your site is running on CentOS operating system. I don't know if this is compatible or not. If it's a version of Linux, then it probably is. This will be something for Ben to look at. He's in Australia and if he has any sense he's sleeping right now. So give him some time.
He may ask for FTP access as well as Backlight admin credentials.

Rod, CentOS is fine. It is a standard Linux distribution.

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

#10 2018-01-10 04:44:42

Thijs

Thanks very much to you all for your quick help! It works, I now have Admin access to the server part of Backlight. Now preparing to tackle the next hurdel :-)

#11 2018-01-10 05:56:02

Thijs

I do not seem to get over the next hurdle, yet
In Lightroom (6) I have to submit the Publisher API Details
I entered the following
API URL http://www.bonsing.nl/backlight/publisher/
API Key [very long pw]

When I hit 'Check Authentication' I get the message: Error performing function. (Code 403)

Where do I go wrong?

Second question:
How do I create album where on the overview page all photos are (cropped) to a square and only when visitors view the photo in full they see the photo in the original size?
For example like here https://avenue-demo.squarespace.com/ and in the LR template 'square'

Last edited by Thijs (2018-01-10 06:26:11)

#12 2018-01-10 06:27:51

Ben

Hi Thijs, it's hard to tell from that message alone.  Can you email me your API Key (changed to something you can share, before sending), and preferably also provide an FTP login? 
As Daniel said, CentOS is a standard Linux distribution.  How well it behaves with Backlight would depend on how your host has configured it to behave with permissions.

#13 2018-01-10 07:05:01

rod barbee
Website

something seems to be wrong with the permissions. When I go here: http://www.bonsing.nl/backlight/publisher/ I'm not seeing the expected message.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#14 2018-01-10 07:13:48

Thijs

I get the above message in LR when testin API authentication

#15 2018-01-10 07:18:24

rod barbee
Website

There's a specific message that comes up when visiting the the url where the publisher/ folder is installed on your site. When I go there I'm not seeing that message. Instead I'm seeing one having to do with permissions.

Once Ben gets the info he asked for he should be able to tell what's going on.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer