Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-06 04:27:34

prchevalier

Could not connect to network

Hi, I copied and moved TTG onto a new pc and everything seems to work except I get an error message: “Could not connect to network. You need to be online to use TTG Publisher” when I click on Check Authentication in the Lightroom Publishing Manager Plugin. I’m using Lightroom CC and CE4Suite & CE4-Publisher.lrplugin. I still have the TTG CE4 Publisher installed on my older pc and that one can still authenticate as I haven’t removed it because I wanted to verify that I can upload from the new pc first. Is the problem caused by having the CE4 still installed and activated on the old pc? If not, what have I done incorrectly when I migrated all the files onto the new pc?

#2 2018-01-06 04:49:10

rod barbee
Website

Re: Could not connect to network

It sounds like the pc you're using isn't connected to the internet?

Could your firewall or other protection software be blocking TTG-Publisher?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2018-01-06 05:47:05

prchevalier

I can surf the internet fine with the new pc and I didn't configure the firewall to block anything so I am missing something else? I have it setup the same way as my old pc. Could it be that I copied all the Lightroom files and preferences from my old pc and imported them?

#4 2018-01-06 07:14:06

rod barbee
Website

sometimes I need to specifically tell Windows Firewall to allow a program to do its thing. I've never had that issue with TTG Publisher though.
Do you have more than one program that can create a firewall? I've found that I need to disable the firewall in my internet protection/virus protection software if I'm also using Windows firewall. If both are running, some things just won't connect, like my home network.

As far as your Lightroom preferences, I don't see how they would mess things up. I usually just copy that entire Lightroom\ folder that contains all the presets, web engines, modules, etc from one pc to the other.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2018-01-06 07:14:51

rod barbee
Website

Can you connect to other services with Lightroom Publishing services? like Facebook, etc.?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#6 2018-01-06 12:30:30

prchevalier

Rod, thank you! I added Lightroom in my firewall setting to allow outbound traffic and it now works.

Board footer