Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-06 02:40:50

pideja

custom template

Building a test site. original set-up done in Pangolin. Trying to implement a custom template (BWRAO) downloaded from TTG site.
Imported thru Backlight/Designer/Templates/Import Template. Cleared the template cache and the browser cache but the BWRAO template doesn't show.

What am I doing wrong?

pideja.ca/test

Last edited by pideja (2017-12-06 04:18:40)

#2 2017-12-06 04:25:33

pideja

Re: custom template

I've decided to abandon the imported template and I am designing my own.

What is strange is that in Backlight/Designer/templates/Page Templates, there are three templates available: the Backlight Standard Page, the "Acceuil" and the "BWRAO" template that I tried to implement. None of them is marked as default template! If I try to save the Acceuil template as the default, I get a message stating that a template already has that name. But it IS the Acceuil template that is currently displayed.
Could there be a rogue template in my site?

Last edited by pideja (2017-12-06 04:26:00)

#3 2017-12-06 04:37:01

rod barbee
Website

pideja wrote:

Building a test site. original set-up done in Pangolin. Trying to implement a custom template (BWRAO) downloaded from TTG site.
Imported thru Backlight/Designer/Templates/Import Template. Cleared the template cache and the browser cache but the BWRAO template doesn't show.

What am I doing wrong?

pideja.ca/test

Where is the template not showing? In the template list?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#4 2017-12-06 05:10:31

pideja

The imported template that wouldn't show is in the list. I put in as the default template and it did not show up. Then, after some fumbling around, I noticed that I had to indicate in PAGES that the BWRAO template was the default. Then it showed up. But in the meantime I kept designing my own version (Acceuil) and decided to keep that one instead. Still has lots of issues and working on to be done.

Sorry for the confusion.

When I'm further designing this one, I plan to export it in order to import it at it's final destination (pideja.ca) Unless there is a better way.

Still the present template used as the default template DOES NOT show up in the templates list. To be sure, the is a template named Acceuil in the list but if I try to save it as the default template, I get a message stating that there already is a template by that name!

Last edited by pideja (2017-12-06 05:11:37)

#5 2017-12-06 05:50:47

rod barbee
Website

Can't really say much since we can't see the back end. Consider posting guest Backlight credentials so someone can take a look.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#6 2017-12-07 01:36:53

pideja

In case anyone wants to check, I am asking:
1-  why won't the imported template (BWRAO) won't load;
2-  why is the default template presently used (Acceuil) is not indicated as such in Backlight/Designer/Templates/Page Templates

Guest credentials: guest / welcome

URL:pideja.ca

Thanks

#7 2017-12-07 02:07:45

Daniel Leu
Website

pideja wrote:

1-  why won't the imported template (BWRAO) won't load;

I don't know what you mean by "won't load". It is listed as one of the page templates.

pideja wrote:

2-  why is the default template presently used (Acceuil) is not indicated as such in Backlight/Designer/Templates/Page Templates

Because it is not set as the default template: Backlight > Designer > Templates > Acceuil > Edit Properties

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

#8 2017-12-08 00:04:46

pideja

Daniel wrote:

Because it is not set as the default template: Backlight > Designer > Templates > Acceuil > Edit Propertie

When I do this, I get an error message :

Please fix the following problems: A template already exists with this name.

So, this is my problem, is there another "invisible" template stuck in there? Maybe the problem is that I named the template "Acceuil" and my home page is also named "Acceuil". I changed the name of the page template from "Acceuil" to "Page de base/ and it is now correctly identified as the default template.

As for the custom template, I think it didn't load because I failed to indicate in the DESIGN PAGE section that I was using the imported BWRAO template. After finding this setting I did set it correctly, it showed up but by that time I had decided to design my own.

Thanks for the help. Sometimes, just reading your answers and reviewing my settings, then I get it.

Slowly but surely, I guess.

Last edited by pideja (2017-12-08 00:08:40)

#9 2017-12-08 00:21:48

rod barbee
Website

So, this is my problem, is there another "invisible" template stuck in there? Maybe the problem is that I named the template "Acceuil" and my home page is also named "Acceuil". I changed the name of the page template from "Acceuil" to "Page de base/ and it is now correctly identified as the default template.

This shouldn't matter.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer