Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#26 2017-12-01 02:33:59

Daniel Leu
Website

Re: Can't update this collection error

hjrw wrote:

Ben...

I changed the API to your server.  It authenticated.  I tried to upload some images and got a different error message,

For this test, did you create a new album?

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

#27 2017-12-01 03:47:58

hjrw

Daniel Leu wrote:
hjrw wrote:

Ben...

I changed the API to your server.  It authenticated.  I tried to upload some images and got a different error message,

For this test, did you create a new album?

No I did not...  I'll try that

That worked with no errors

I created a new album to send to my server, and 4 images were sent.  Then I get the error 12031 as before.

Last edited by hjrw (2017-12-01 03:58:26)

#28 2017-12-01 14:23:51

hjrw

Any further suggestions?  I am stumped

#29 2017-12-01 14:33:20

Ben

hjrw wrote:

Ben...

Since you were able to upload an album to the GoDaddy server, can we rule that step out at this time?

We can't.  I am guessing your instantaneous failure is because once GoDaddy blocks your requests, they block them for 60 seconds.  Attempting to republish within those 60 seconds will result in an instantaneous failure.

As suggested above, the only reliable fix is to find another host.

#30 2017-12-01 15:47:31

hjrw

In the past, I had issues with DoS errors and would wait a minute and could continue.  They corrected that issue.  Now I can initially send about 3 images in a NEW album, then no more with an instantaneous time out error.  You were able to upload to the GoDaddy server successfully, so shouldn't that rule out there end of the issue?

#31 2017-12-01 16:42:37

Ben

12031 is a network error raised by Microsoft.  It is not a code our software produces.  I have just published 208 images to your server without error.

What we know:

1.You get errors publishing from your PC to your server.
2. I do not get errors publishing to your server
3. You have received errors publishing to my server
4. I get no errors publishing to my server

3 is an odd one since it was a different error.  Had you created an entirely new Publisher instance?  How far did you get with creating an album and publishing to it?  Please try creating a new instance, with a new album and publishing again.

At this point, it looks like the problem is not your server.  Depending on whether we can get 3 to work or not will allow us to work out whether the problem is on your PC/network, or only manifests itself when combined with your PC/network and your web server.

#32 2017-12-01 18:23:51

hjrw

Ben
When I created a new album in the Publisher instance for your server, I got no error messages (item 3).  I published several images to your server, then added additional images to the Publisher instance.  I was able to publish a total of 19 images to your server with no errors (done in 2 publisher sessions).  I can see them at http://backlight.somethingchanged.com/g … album-ttg/.

So at this point, it does not appear to be the server, but something related to Lightroom, my TTG installation, or some quirk in my network.  I am running a gigabit fiber based internet, and tonight was getting approximately 685mbps upload speed.

The TTG installation that I have is incomplete.  I was following the install video and stopped at the publish the first album step at this point.  So the full suite is not yet installed.

Thanks again
Herschel

#33 2017-12-02 04:24:40

hjrw

Here is an update.  I am able to set a custom FTP server in the Web module and successfully upload to my server.  I still cannot publish using the Backlight publisher.

Ben, have you removed your album from my server?  I cannot see it anymore.

Suggestions?

#34 2017-12-02 04:37:31

Daniel Leu
Website

Just curious, do you post from a laptop? If yes, it might be interesting if you went to an internet cafe and tried to post from there. This way you might circumvent GoDaddy's denial-of-service prevention for a bit by having a different IP address and likely a much slower connection.

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com

#35 2017-12-02 04:52:41

hjrw

I still have CE4 and an older version of CC on my laptop.  I could set up my phone as a hotspot and try on the desktop in WiFi through cellular vs wired internet

#36 2017-12-02 04:59:51

hjrw

I tried using a Verizon hotspot connection and got a badServerResponse error 12152

When I go back to my wired connection, I get error 12031 again (immediately)

I also created a new album to try the hotspot connection.  Still get the error 12152.

Last edited by hjrw (2017-12-02 06:26:53)

#37 2017-12-02 05:04:59

hjrw

I am able to upload to the server using the Web module and the Verizon hotspot

#38 2017-12-02 05:11:00

hjrw

I noticed that I still have several CE4 Publisher instances installed in LR.  Could this be an issue?  I thought that the various instances were independent

#39 2017-12-02 06:49:41

Daniel Leu
Website

hjrw wrote:

I am able to upload to the server using the Web module and the Verizon hotspot

So initially you got an error and now it works? Did you change anything?

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com

#40 2017-12-02 06:50:58

Daniel Leu
Website

hjrw wrote:

I noticed that I still have several CE4 Publisher instances installed in LR.  Could this be an issue?  I thought that the various instances were independent

You can have CE4 Publishing Services along Backlight Publishing Services. I have them as well. They both you the same TTG Publisher plugin.

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com

#41 2017-12-02 06:59:56

hjrw

Daniel.  Using the Web module and a custom FTP server pointing to my server with a new album works using either my internet connection or a Verizon hot spot connection. 

Using Backlight Publisher instance does not work either with my regular internet connection or using a Verizon hot spot connection.

#42 2017-12-02 17:29:37

hjrw

Latest update

I removed backlight files from server.  Copied the new set from the latest update that I received tonight.  Set it up again.  I disabled then reinstalled TTG-Publisher.lrplugin using the Plugin Manager.  It authenticated.

I have been able to publish 30 or so images so far to the server (still uploading).  I have no idea what was wrong before.  Have no idea if  the new release fixed something or if my original installation was corrupt.

I noted that the sidebar on the left of the home screen is no longer present in the new version.

Thanks for all the help.  Please let me know if anything in the new release might have fixed my issue or if it was just a corrupt original installation.

Thanks again
Herschel

PS  I now have 120 images uploaded...

Last edited by hjrw (2017-12-02 18:11:20)

#43 2017-12-03 05:32:38

hjrw

I spoke too soon.   The upload stopped at 147 images, and I cannot upload any more.  Been on the phone with GoDaddy for over an hour while they try to see what happened.  I ran into some kind of limit with GoDaddy last night. 

Question.... if the upload was terminated abruptly, could that corrupt the server-based database?

They are now thinking it has something to do with modsec which cannot be changed unless I move to a private, rather than shared server.

Question 2.  If I get a minimal hosting configuration from, say Bluehost, can I FTP my website back to GoDaddy and have it work?  Or does it need to be created on the hosting server?

#44 2017-12-03 05:53:31

Daniel Leu
Website

hjrw wrote:

Question 2.  If I get a minimal hosting configuration from, say Bluehost, can I FTP my website back to GoDaddy and have it work?  Or does it need to be created on the hosting server?

Yes, this should work.

But going this route, you might want to try WAMP or MAMP first. This way you publish to a local server on your machine and then you can FTP everything to your GoDaddy server.

But this sounds like a lot of work and wasted time. Honestly, I would just bite the bullet and move your site to Bluehost or another recommended host. Then you can try to get your money back from GoDaddy, specially with the feedback that they don't support modsec on your package.

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com

#45 2017-12-03 06:04:47

peter

As soon as I had a couple of 'support' calls to GoDaddy, and after reading about the problem being associated with them (DoS settings?), I decided my time wasn't worth it, so I switched to Bluehost. I would recommend you bite the bullet and do the same, if it's feasible (financially?) and be done with the fiasco!

Just make local backups first...

IMHO

Peter

Last edited by peter (2017-12-03 06:05:11)

#46 2017-12-03 06:46:21

hjrw

Thanks for the advice.  I'm about to start to make the switch.  I have until 2022 on my GoDaddy hosting, so I will check with them or maybe drive over to their office, since they are across town from me.

#47 2017-12-03 07:12:38

Ben

hjrw wrote:

They are now thinking it has something to do with modsec which cannot be changed unless I move to a private, rather than shared server.

Which is why I am hesitant to provide any support for connectivity issues on GoDaddy. This modsec rule has been blocking legitimate use of our customers websites for years. I first encountered it with a third party Gallery plug-in a decade ago.

Can you please do your best to find out exactly what modsec rule is being triggered? By exactly, I mean the rule number and rule itself.

#48 2017-12-03 07:36:31

hjrw

Ben wrote:
hjrw wrote:

Which is why I am hesitant to provide any support for connectivity issues on GoDaddy. This modsec rule has been blocking legitimate use of our customers websites for years. I first encountered it with a third party Gallery plug-in a decade ago.

Can you please do your best to find out exactly what modsec rule is being triggered? By exactly, I mean the rule number and rule itself.

I'll try...  they seem to keep it as a 'security feature.'  Do you know if Backlight or Lightroom sends the images to the server one at a time or in a 'batch?'  It appears that I am hitting some kind of limit of the maximum number of hits to the server over a 15 minute window.  There does not seem to be a way to determine how long the block stays in effect, other than it appears that every time I try and fail, it extends the lockout.  I still cannot upload.  They think it may be 24 hours.  With the old server it was 60 seconds...

#49 2017-12-03 08:10:00

Ben

The uploads are performed in sequence.  Publisher will perform one action and wait for the response, before proceeding with the next.  e.g.

Publish 'photos' rendition of image an-image-0001.jpg
Get result of 'photos' rendition of an-image-0001.jpg
Publish 'thumbnails' rendition of image an-image-0001.jpg
Get result of 'thumbnails' rendition of an-image-0001.jpg
Publish 'photos' rendition of image an-image-0002.jpg
Get result of 'photos' rendition of an-image-0002.jpg
Publish 'thumbnails' rendition of image an-image-0002.jpg
Get result of 'thumbnails' rendition of an-image-0002.jpg

GoDaddy may be more helpful if you were to tell them your software vendor is looking for solutions to what they deem legitimate usage of the service, and that if they do not find a solution will have no option but to blacklist GoDaddy as a supported platform, affecting hundreds of customers who will need to find a new service.  (the hundreds may be an embellishment).  In the past, I have signed up with a host so that I could get such support myself.  I don't have the time or inclination to do that again.

#50 2017-12-03 11:03:04

hjrw

Ben

I was able to get log information just now from GoDaddy.  They indicated that the LimitInternalRecursion error is server wide, and cannot be used to raise the limit for my account unless I move to a private server rather than a shared server.  The limit of 10 seems kind of low to me...

These are the logs  entries from your attempts: 
We're seeing this over and over-

[Sat Dec 02 13:42:56.426016 2017] [core:error] [pid 5440:tid 139640606480128] [client 72.208.114.128:54541] AH00124: Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal re directs due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace.

[Sat Dec 02 13:43:25.261131 2017] [core:error] [pid 5431:tid 139640784807680] [client 72.208.114.128:55169] AH00124: Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal re directs due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace.

Don't know if this will help or not...

Thanks,
-Herschel

Board footer