Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-02 03:22:54

JimR
Website

Site crashing

After updating Backlight, all of the albums using one type of template are crashing. These are all within one album set.

Here's the error that's displayed on the browser window when trying to open those albums.

Unexpected error: syntax error, unexpected 'summary_large_image' (T_STRING) in 95-page-1.2.3.2-8-269-menu_47-92-index-1.2.3.2-25-6-admin.view.template on line 105

I can change that album to a different template and it works. It's this one template that is now crashing.

I cloned the template, and made no changes to the clone, but the clone does not crash.

The crash still occurs after clearing the template cache.

I exported the crashing template and it's working clone, and they're the same.

Something is corrupt with the one template I had been using.

Here's an example album to look at. I don't want search engines to pick up this URL, so you'll need to reassemble it.

[URL deleted after the crash was resolved]

Last edited by JimR (2017-12-02 04:51:51)

--Jim

#2 2017-12-02 04:45:08

JimR
Website

Re: Site crashing

Hmm, never mind. It seems the crash was related to a badly cached template or something out of sync after the update.

After I cleared the template cache the crashing album stopped crashing.

Last edited by JimR (2017-12-02 04:50:50)

--Jim

#3 2017-12-02 06:41:19

Ben

Hi Jim, interesting.. if this or a similar issue happens again, can you take a look at the named cache file and post the offending line?  The files can be found under backlight/data/designer/cache/

#4 2017-12-02 07:32:31

JimR
Website

Ben, here's the line from the cache file you asked for.

$tt_card = 'summary_large_image';

This happens to be in the middle of the new code I was testing for Matthew. That code is in this other threat.

http://community.theturninggate.net/vie … 301#p50301

What's strange is that I made the change to page.php *and* cleared the template cache, several times as I was debugging. Yet this one album template was crashing.

The line above is within the ENGINE_TYPE_AUTOINDEX block. Yet the album set template I was using never crashed, nor did any other template.

It's a mystery why it was crashing, and then magically disappeared. After I had cleared the template cache a few more times.

--Jim

Board footer