Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-01 06:12:39

riccardo

Removing Pages module from Backlight installation

Have been a Turning Gate client since CE2.  Currently using CE4 for generating galleries, but only for some of them.  The main structure of my site is built outside of Turning Gate products, so have never used Pages.

Just purchased Backlight as i need to keep up with the turning wheels of progress (I hope).  However, as the deal was a good one, and I may at some point change my site structure, I purchased the Backlight+Pages bundle.

To keep things simple I am thinking to just remove, for now, the Pages module from the backlight installation.

So my question - what files or folders should I remove from the /backlight folder to accomplish this? 
Secondly does this make any difference if I am not employing the Pages module at all? That is  - is it of no consequence if I leave those files/folders in?

Thanks-

#2 2017-12-01 06:18:24

rod barbee
Website

Re: Removing Pages module from Backlight installation

Look at the installation instructions for Pages and just remove the files and folder that were installed
http://backlight.theturninggate.net/doc … on_install

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2017-12-01 06:50:43

riccardo

Thanks, Rod.   Should have been able to think of that.... smile

#4 2017-12-01 06:59:35

riccardo

Except by removing the index.php I can't log in to Backlight.  So all except that one, I presume.

#5 2017-12-01 07:07:30

charlie.choc
Website

I'm curious what impact it would have for the Pages modules were left in place but not used?

#6 2017-12-01 07:30:09

rod barbee
Website

Which index.php did you remove? Not the one in the /backlight/ folder I hope! That one is essential.
Remove the index.php and .htaccess files from the root of the site (where you uploaded the index.php and .htaccess files that came with Pages)

Actually, you probably only need to remove the index.php and .htaccess files from the root of the site. (the ones that came with Pages, that is)

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2017-12-01 08:54:12

Ben

As Rod said, just remove index.php and .htaccess from the top of your site.  There's no harm in leaving the other Pages module within Backlight's modules directory.

#8 2017-12-01 09:59:27

riccardo

Rod - originally, yes, I did remove the index.php from the /backlight folder - (the wrong one, as you said).  But of course this caused the login problem, so I just put it back.  Then login was functional again.

My site (since it is constructed independent of Turning Gate products) uses existing .htaccess and index.php files at root already.  So I did not replace those on installation. Nor should I , or the site will crash.    Question is now, what to do with (if anything) the Backlight root .htaccess file.  I assume it is only needed for Pages, so I can dispense with it for now, as with the Backlight root index.php file.

Sound right?

#9 2017-12-01 10:02:23

rod barbee
Website

Question is now, what to do with (if anything) the Backlight root .htaccess file.  I assume it is only needed for Pages, so I can dispense with it for now, as with the Backlight root index.php file.

Sound right?

right. If you're not using Pages there's no need to upload them.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer