Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-25 17:34:09

peter

High-Res Logo Image - where is this placed?

Hi,

In the Primary Masthead of a Template design, you have this option. What is it for?
It appears under 'Add a Logo Image', but it doesn't replace the image in 'Logo Image'.

I would have thought if you select this ('on') the Logo Image would be overridden.

The Logo Image seems to lose some resolution, so I thought this is why it's there.

#2 2017-11-25 17:47:31

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: High-Res Logo Image - where is this placed?

This is explained in my videos in the Mastering Backlight's Masthead article on our blog. It's used for 2x and greater density displays, such as Apple's Retina displays.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2017-11-26 02:25:24

peter

Thank you Matt!

What a great source for help.

On your 'Support' page, you may want to add that the blogs also contains a lot of 'help' information.

To be Captain Obvious here, the first thing I do when I am looking for help. is go to theturninggate.net's front page, and click on 'Docs & Support'.

From this link, you inform people to use the Community forums and the 'Documentation', or even contact you directly.

I have always assumed this is where I get ALL my help/troubleshooting info. from.

I also assume blogs are like a personal diary, and would not necessarily contain help on the products.

I always feel like I am asking stupid questions because I can't always find what I am looking for - like, what's the difference between pallets, mastheads, columns etc.

(I say 'I' a lot...)

But here, in your blog, I see you've gone to great lengths to document it.
I'll now start reading through the blogs knowing that this is indeed, another source of support.

As another suggestion, although I found the video link to install & setup Backlight quite easily, a direct link to it could also be under Docs & Support. Even as I type, I JUST noticed there is a video on Wordpress, that you have made - only saw that because I re-watched the Video Overview again, and it came up as the next Youtube video.

Did not know that existed.

How about a link to a Youtube channel? Again, somewhere on the Docs & Support page would make sense.

Have you considered expanding on your Examples link? This could contain the video links too.

Cheers.

Last edited by peter (2017-11-26 02:27:16)

#4 2017-11-26 12:15:14

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Our blog is primarily news and information related to our products, occasional posts more generally related to photography, Lightroom or related issues. It's definitely not a personal space for bleeding heart poetry. =P

A lot of this content also ends up highlighted in our newsletters or Facebook group.

And the install video is the first link in our documentation.

As for our YouTube channel, I prefer people access the videos via our blog, as there is often accompanying text that you wouldn't get to see on the YouTube page.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

Board footer