Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-17 07:27:49

rsamco
Website

Publishing large photo sets aborts with server 12152 code

Using the TTG Publisher in Lightroom to publish large photo sets (album sets or albums) to GoDaddy shared-server hosted BL or CE4 websites aborts after a short while. The displayed message seems to imply that the returned server code is 12152:

TTGPublishErrorCapture.JPG)

After this occurs, the server refuses all further interactions of any kind for 1-2 minutes; e.g., browser accesses return an “ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE“ error. When the server starts responding again, the Lightroom publish can be restarted and will resume where it left off.

My guess is that TTG Publisher is exceeding some GoDaddy resource limit and the account is briefly quarantined as a result. During such a problematic publishing session, the server's cPanel monitor shows normal CPU, Memory, etc. usage levels. That is, the cPanel monitor shows no resource that reaches a maximum, or even jumps up in value. I have spent some time with GoDaddy support and they believe that some other, software threshold is being exceeded. But they don't seem to have a clue what it might be. I increased the server's PHP execution time limit threshold, but that had no effect.

Anyone experienced this and have any suggestions? It's a PITA to only be able to republish about 40 images at a time after migrating from CE4 to BL. BTW, this problem occurs whether (re-)publishing everything or just metadata and/or thumbnails.

Rick

#2 2017-10-17 08:32:15

rod barbee
Website

Re: Publishing large photo sets aborts with server 12152 code

this may be a case where you need to increase the upload limit in your php.ini file.
see: http://community.theturninggate.net/vie … hp?id=8117
and: http://community.theturninggate.net/vie … hp?id=7032

Otherwise, it could be the issue where GoDaddy thinks it's a denial of service attack, discussed here: http://community.theturninggate.net/vie … 197#p48197

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2017-10-17 09:29:32

Ben

GoDaddy has unsophisticated security rules that incorrectly detect Publisher traffic as a denial-of-service attack.  Traffic is then blocked for 60 seconds.  This has been the case for up to a decade, and affects Publisher and similar plugins from other vendors such as Gallery.

What hosting plan are you on?  If you have a dedicated virtual machine (or similar non-shared hosting), then you may be able to have the security rule that affects this removed (it should be a mod_security rule, but which rule I don't know).  You'd need to contact GoDaddy's technical support to ask how to do this.
If you're on shared hosting, then you may have luck in asking GoDaddy's technical support to upgrade your cPanel version.

Unfortunately, there is no universal advice that I can offer that will fix this with any certainty.

#4 2017-10-17 09:47:36

rsamco
Website

Thanks, guys.

Per other threads, I tried creating the following php.ini file without any effect:

file_uploads = On
post_max_size = 100M
max_file_uploads 100
upload_max_filesize = 50M
max_execution_time =  300
memory_limit = 128M

It does feel like a DOS defensive block to me. Maybe it's time to switch hosting vendor,  but first I'll explore mod_security solutions with GoDaddy. I'll report back here with what I learn.

Rick

#5 2017-10-20 06:41:09

rsamco
Website

After much time spent with GoDaddy support (& indirectly with their cPanel team), the conclusion is that, for GoDaddy shared cPanel accounts, there is no way to avoid the DOS blockage during large Lr publishings. They recommended migrating to a VPS Linux account where apparently one can set their own parameters (like mod_security).

Rick

#6 2017-10-20 08:02:00

Ben

That's no good.  I wonder how they'd fare if you made a consumer complaint.  At the end of the day, they are blocking legitimate use of a service you are paying for.  I would suggest migrating to a different provider rather than pay to enable a service you should already be receiving.

Board footer