Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-16 05:30:20

pjtraveler

pilot error: after upgrading things not working

I set aside the day to upgrade
so  finished the upgrade from CE4 to Backlight, and that went fairly well.  Missing borders on nav bar, but other than that seemed OK
Then tried to get theater installed....

The album type field was fixed, and not selectable, so I figure that I had not done an upgrade correctly.  So I went back and did a re install of prior releases to see if that fixed the issue. (it didn't).
but it did introduce the following bug

Something went wrong
Unable to find file at /backlight/modules/tmp-standard-page/TmpStandardPageEngine.php.

Have you removed the tmp-standard-page module? If so, either copy the module back, or change the template used by this album. in EngineFactory.php on line 330

PatrickLynchPhotography.com

Thanks ahead of time for the help

#2 2017-10-16 07:07:52

Daniel Leu
Website

Re: pilot error: after upgrading things not working

pjtraveler wrote:

The album type field was fixed, and not selectable,.

Maybe it is just a matter of a pangolin vs okapi module type mismatch.

so I figure that I had not done an upgrade correctly.  So I went back and did a re install of prior releases to see if that fixed the issue. (it didn't).

Backlight has a lot of configurations in a database. When upgrading to a newer version, you might have noticed the database upgrade notifications. I don't know if an older version of a module works with a newer database version. Please updated again to the latest version of all releases.

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

#3 2017-10-16 08:30:39

pjtraveler

And now it seems to work.... not related to clear cache templates, or browser cache....
hum...

#4 2017-10-16 12:19:46

Ben

Backlight modules operate on consistent naming conventions.  You've renamed standard-page to tmp-standard-page.  Backlight then treats that as a module, and attempts to load a non-existent file called TmpStandardPageEngine.php file.

The take-away from this is not to try renaming folders in the modules directory.  Either keep them ore remove them, but don't rename them.

#5 2017-10-16 12:21:24

Ben

And... a takeaway for the Backlight developers is to add some smarts to completely ignore modules that don't meet the naming rules.

Board footer