Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-07 08:14:16

pideja

Pangolin Theater - controls position and image size

It's my first time with the Pangolin theatre module and I like it a lot. In 30 minutes, I whipped up a friend's portfolio from a web displayed pdf to a Backlight Pangolin slide show.

Two questions:
- Is there a way to place the controls for the Vegas slideshow elsewhere? They are stuck in the top pallet. I would prefer either below-centre of the image or top-centre;

- I'd like a little larger image size. Not full screen. How could I control this?

#2 2017-10-07 08:30:58

rod barbee
Website

Re: Pangolin Theater - controls position and image size

You have three choices for positioning: In, Over, and Top Pallet. Frankly, I'm not seeing any difference between "In" and "Over" (this might be a bug for Matt to look at).
You could use In or Over along with some custom css to center the control in the top of the image:

#vegas_controls {
text-align: center;
}

If you don't want the controls on the image, you can try adding top: -50px; to the css to move them above the image.

How much larger do you want the slide show? Hard to advise without seeing something. Generally, I think the max-width control along with aspect ratio and image size will control the size of the show.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2017-10-07 15:51:30

Matthew
Administrator
Website

rod barbee wrote:

... Frankly, I'm not seeing any difference between "In" and "Over" (this might be a bug for Matt to look at).

It's not. "In" and "Over" amount to the same for full-screen presentations, but offer different placement when using an inline layout.

Off the top of my head, I think you can position the controls wherever you like using custom CSS, setting their position either to "absolute" or "fixed", depending on desired result, and setting your top and left properties appropriately.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#4 2017-10-08 00:09:06

rod barbee
Website

Hi Matt,
I'm using the inline layout but still not seeing the difference between the two.
Here's one with the controls set to "In": http://pangolin.barbeephoto.com/galleri … -or-coast/
and one with the control set to "Over": http://pangolin.barbeephoto.com/galleri … rols-over/

I've double checked the templates being used.
the #vegas_controls css looks the same for both.
Theater 1.2.4

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2017-10-08 14:44:32

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Okay. I don't know when or how this stopped working. I'm likely to simply remove "Over" as an option then.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#6 2017-10-09 05:06:35

pideja

Created a ShowControl.CSS like this:

#vegas_controls {
}

but no change to the controls.

pideja.ca/danlev

This is just a single page used to display a portfolio of my photographs of theatre set designs by a friend of mine. Works well, but the controls as they are blocking the title text on small displays like tablets and phones. Not a game changer but would be nice to put it somewhere else.

#7 2017-10-09 06:53:58

rod barbee
Website

You're locating the controls in the top pallet and they're actually being aligned center in the list item that the controls are placed in. The top pallet uses list items, and it looks like it's using a few list items so it's likely going to need some tricky css to center the controls in the top-pallet. If it's even possible to center them in the top pallet.

If you want the controls centered above the slideshow, you'll be better off positioning the controls using "In" or "Above" and using something like this for the css:

#vegas_controls {
top: -50px
}

an example: http://pangolin.barbeephoto.com/galleri … w-olympic/

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#8 2017-10-10 23:04:39

pideja

Thanks, Rod it works...of course. I moved the controls to the left and it's ok. Then, the controls being a bit low relative to the largest images, I tried changing the top from -50px to -10px and even 100px, not knowing witch lowered and witch raised the controls on the page.
Settled on -70px and the controls are clear of the tallest image...

About the image size: on the workstation it's ok, but on the iPhone, it is a bit big. Any way to control the page size on the mobile phone?

#9 2017-10-10 23:56:29

rod barbee
Website

About the image size: on the workstation it's ok, but on the iPhone, it is a bit big. Any way to control the page size on the mobile phone?

Sorry, I don't know.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer