Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-16 15:55:23

alfred

Theater Captions for Flexstrip

I have a useful application for the theater-flexstrip album, although I have a problem with the way how the captions are being shown:

When opening an image the “hand” cursor becomes visible, which I need to move a bit to have the caption shown on the image where the “hand” is. When I now move the “hand” a bit a second time inside the image, the caption disappears and I can’t get it back unless I move the “hand” (cursor) off the image and back on, but as soon as I move it a millimetre it disappears again.
For the application I have, showing caption / title is important. Is there anything I can do to have the caption permanently shown, once an image is open or is adding a text explaing all this to the visitor the only option I have?

On top of this problem I am not able to have anything other than {Title} shown, regardless of what is selected in the template, e.g. {Caption}. Have saved the template, cleared the template cache as well as the browser history.

Alfred

Last edited by alfred (2017-09-16 16:11:35)

#2 2017-09-16 21:34:24

charlie.choc
Website

Re: Theater Captions for Flexstrip

When you change the metadata you want displayed you have to republish the album(s) from Lightroom. You can change the TTG Publisher settings to "push metadata ..." when you republish but be sure and uncheck the box afterward.

#3 2017-09-16 22:59:13

rod barbee
Website

Hmm. I'm not even seeing captions showing up at all. When I hover over an image, I see the image title in a little tool-tip like box. If the image doesn't have a title, it defaults to file name.

I believe the captions should be appearing beneath the images, but I'm not even seeing any html for it in the page source.

My guess is that this is a bug for Matt to squash.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#4 2017-09-17 07:50:10

alfred

Thanks Rod, you have described more precisely what I see as well.
Alfred

#5 2017-09-18 12:26:26

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Captions are not a part of the presentation an all at present. What you're seeing on hover is just the HTML "title" attribute, which is by default filled by either the image title, or if unavailable then by the file name.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#6 2017-09-18 20:35:41

alfred

Matt, thanks for clarifying this. I got diverted when setting up the template where the Caption section appears, thinking this would be active.

It is probably again one of my borderline applications, which I like to use Flexstrip for. I am publishing mostly bird photos and had thought that Flexstrip would be ideal for displaying photos of different subspecies. Only a few photos in an album, which one wants to quickly step through to see the differences. I have knocked together a quick and dirty "photoshopped" version, which makes clear why Captions are essential for this case. It is here: http://fotowarkstee.de/galleries/1_bird … n-boobook/

It does functionally what I want, but I will wait until Captions become part of Flexstrip ;-)

Keep up the good work!

Alfred

#7 2017-09-19 13:13:09

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Thanks, I'll keep it in mind. The presentation is one I'm writing from scratch as an exercise in pure Javascript (no jQuery, no outside dependencies), so it's something that I'm hoping to evolve in various ways.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

Board footer