Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-14 21:02:27

reg.graham

CE4 Gallery large image not working correctly when cart is enabled

I have set up a test web site to test learn how to use TTG CE4. I setup the home page added the TTG-BE and CART all seemed to go OK.
I added my first gallery, I used holiday snaps so I password protected them, the gallery works as expected I click on an image and get a large image with arrows to scroll etc.
I then added another gallery this time with cart integration, it looks OK at first glance the little add to cart all work. The problem occurs when you click an image the large image page opens but that is it there is just the image on the page no wrapper as in the other gallery, I have tried three galleries with slightly different cart settings but they are all the same.
On the cart enabled galleries I unticked enable download and tickle enable download for purchase option, the image can still be downloaded by right click and save image.

If anyone has any ideas for things to try that would be great.

The link to the site is http://www.expertphotos.co.uk there are two test galleries called sunset and sunset no cart you will quickly see what the problem is.

If I can't fix it I will have to look for a new product as I am loath to pay out for Backlight if something simple like this doesn't work

I have just run up a PC with IE running Debug to see if I can find what happens. On the working gallery the gallery runs in a script call clearfix and when you click on an image it stays on the current page in clearfix but with a parameter of map-zoom-out-cur however on the cart version of the gallery it exits clearfix and just open a new page and shows the large image on the page.

Last edited by reg.graham (2017-09-14 21:30:32)

#2 2017-09-14 22:23:50

rod barbee
Website

Re: CE4 Gallery large image not working correctly when cart is enabled

the first thing to try is updating Gallery, Cart, and TTG-BE to the final CE4 versions.
You're running CE4 Gallery 6.0.0, the initial release. The current (final) release is 6.1.10
(Gallery 6.0.5 included improvements for Cart functionality with Magnific presentation, which you're using:
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … changelog)
You could also try changing to the Highslide presentation. But you should should still update the plug-in, export and upload, regardless.

Also check your versions of TTG-BE and Cart
The final version of TTG-BE is 2.05
The final version of CE4 Cart is 3.1.4

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2017-09-15 05:03:32

reg.graham

Rod,

Brilliant that worked great now just need to find a way to update just the bits of a page or gallery that change, that took ages to output everything again just to test it..

But I am happy now to move on to learn a bit more...

#4 2017-09-15 06:14:21

rod barbee
Website

Some changes can be made to pages and galleries without the need to upload the entire exported gallery. It depends on what you're changing though.
For example, in Pages, if you change text on one of your pages, you still need to export, but you'll only need to upload the corresponding .html file that you'll find in the fragments/ folder.
If you make styling changes, like colors or fonts, you can get away with uploading only the css/ folder found inside the /lib/ folder.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2017-09-15 14:24:29

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Backlight simplifies this entire process tremendously. Personally, I am SO HAPPY to have moved our product out of Lightroom's Web module and all of its inconveniences.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#6 2017-09-15 16:14:32

reg.graham

I missed the window for upgrade and I am not prepared to pay the price for a new product when I have not made full use of the existing one. They don't offer an upgrade path to existing customers so when I do come to look at a new product I will probably try and compare a few to see what best suits.

For the time being CE4 does the job.

Board footer