Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-12 08:32:11

jackm

I cannot get to my site after installing Backlight 1.2.2 R3

I have not upgraded to the new Backlight/Pangolin 1.2.

I just did one of my sites per the instructions, from 1.0 to 1.2.2 R3 that was issued today.

Now I cannot get past the error screen.

www.stuffbyjack.com/jackonly

Not sure what I did wrong or how to fix it.

Can you help?

Thanks,

Jack

#2 2017-09-12 08:58:03

rod barbee
Website

Re: I cannot get to my site after installing Backlight 1.2.2 R3

make sure you've replaced and uploaded all the indicated modules. From the error, module-pages might be missing.
If that's not it, then send Ben Backlight admin login credentials. He may also need ftp access.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2017-09-12 09:40:30

jackm

Rod,

Thanks for the help.

I went back and read the REST of the readme file. I saw that I needed more files to upload. I went from 1.2 to 1.2.2 R3 with the correct files set and my site is back.

OK. Now I should have a 'standard' template option as well as a 'Pangolin' option for templates. Correct?

Then I can create new templates and then just change the assignment of an album or album-set, or Page to that new Pangolin template without re-publishing. Correct?

Also I can keep the standard templates if I wish, for as long as I want. Correct?

OK. Now when I go into Backlight, I only see the Pangolin option in the Page template for a new template pull down. I do not see it in the Album-Set or Album sections. In those I just see there standard selection in the pull down.

Is there something else I missed?

Thanks again.

Jack

#4 2017-09-12 11:02:30

rod barbee
Website

OK. Now I should have a 'standard' template option as well as a 'Pangolin' option for templates. Correct?

yes, you should have the option to create Pangolin or standard page templates.

Then I can create new templates and then just change the assignment of an album or album-set, or Page to that new Pangolin template without re-publishing. Correct?

you'll need to create new album and album set templates based on a Pangolin page template, but yes.

Also I can keep the standard templates if I wish, for as long as I want. Correct?

yes

OK. Now when I go into Backlight, I only see the Pangolin option in the Page template for a new template pull down. I do not see it in the Album-Set or Album sections. In those I just see there standard selection in the pull down.

Is there something else I missed?

If you're referring to Album and Album Set templates, you need to create new ones. You can just switch your existing Okapi based album and album set templates to a Pangolin template.

First create a Panoglin page template. Then create a new album or album set template and assign to it the Pangolin page template you created.

But iIf you're unable to create a new Pangolin page template, then check to make sure you still have the standard-page module in the backlight/modules/ folder.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2017-09-12 11:38:36

jackm

Rod,

OK. I understand.

Thanks again for all your help.

Jack

#6 2017-09-12 14:32:31

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Upgrading as you have, you might also want to grab the last/latest Okapi version modules as well, which are here:
http://community.theturninggate.net/vie … hp?id=7769

Then migrate to pangolin at your convenience.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

Board footer