Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-07 22:53:11

fotoszubi

TTG CE4 -> Backlight ?

Hello.

I am currently using TTG CE4 and CART + LR Gallery

Is it worth going to Backlight and what is better? Can someone tell me if it's worth doing?
I use my kit to create photo galleries for wedding clients, they have the ability to take pictures. This is the most important. If there is much better Backlight please write why.

#2 2017-09-07 23:21:26

rod barbee
Website

Re: TTG CE4 -> Backlight ?

If you're happy with what you have now, then there is no pressing need to upgrade to Backlight.

But the huge change that makes Backlight so attractive is that, except for actually publishing your images, it takes Lightroom out of the process. All design work is now done inside the Backlight web app. And this makes designing so much faster and easier compared to working in the Lightroom Web Module.

Other than that, Backlight offers more design options and the latest in web standards. This includes even better mobile presentations.

You will need to start over with design, but that's always been the case when moving from one TTG version to the next.

For some people, the new design options and the fact that we no longer need to work in the Web Module makes the change to Backlight worth it.

Be sure to read Matt's blog posts about Backlight (beginning in April 2016) to get a better overview of the features.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2017-09-08 14:33:26

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Super worth it, IMHO. But I am biased.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#4 2017-09-08 21:29:01

charlie.choc
Website

Remember also that any new features and improvements will likely be added to Backlight and not CE4.

#5 2017-09-08 22:31:00

rod barbee
Website

Not just likely, more like definitely.

One of my favorite features is the ability to make quick changes to design or text on a page. No more needing to go to the web module, make the change, export, and upload. Just log into Backlight, go to the page or page template, make your change, and save. The change appears instantly.

And pop-up boxes are supported. You can add a pop-up with added info or offers for your clients.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer