Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-08-17 09:17:06

jstephens576

Backlight Theatre HTML5 only plays in full screen

I am converting my site to Backlight from CE4. The CE 4 module showed the preview image and played the video quite well. Backlight only shows the "control" bar. I cannot play the video unless I click on the full screen option. I am hosted on Bluehost, using Safari 10.12.6. 

I noticed that the videos in the videosrc directory work - however I had some videos in folders under the videosrc directory that worked in CE4 - it does not work in backlight. I will move the videos to the main videosrc folder. It was nice to have the folders for organization - maybe that can come back?

Thanks!
Jean

Last edited by jstephens576 (2017-08-17 12:47:05)

#2 2017-08-17 10:12:56

rod barbee
Website

Re: Backlight Theatre HTML5 only plays in full screen

Links to problem pages always help

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2017-08-17 16:38:45

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Video and poster files need to be in /videosrc, as described in documentation. Subfolders within /videosrc are not supported.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#4 2017-08-17 21:16:19

jstephens576

Mathew - Thanks - I will move them back - the sub folders worked in CE 4. I like working with backlight much better.

Rod - thanks for the unnecessary comment - it was not helpful and does not reflect well on Mathew's product. Forum answers should reflect knowledgeable answers not garbage.

#5 2017-08-17 21:38:40

rod barbee
Website

You're quite welcome. The fact remains that it's much easier to help people if we have something to look at.

If you spend any time on the forum you would see that we've been able to solve many problems by being able to inspect albums, pages, etc that have problems.

So my comment wasn't unnecessary or garbage, it was a sincere request for you to provide more information to help solve your problem.

Perhaps it was short and to the point, a result of these past several years of spending a lot of my own time helping many people to solve many problems.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#6 2017-08-17 22:50:54

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Rod is one of our most active and most helpful community experts, and he's absolutely right that we're able to help more fully, accurately and quickly when questions include links to pages where we can observe any problem firsthand, inspect the source code, check for Javascript errors logged to the console, etc. We frequently ask users to share links as a first step in the troubleshooting process.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#7 2017-08-18 02:08:49

jstephens576

My apologies - I mis-read you message - Thanks for the help. I would ask that if something worked in CE4 and does not in Backlight, you review what had changed and perhaps incorporate to restore usable functionality.
Thanks

Board footer