Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-01 05:01:37

eimages
Website

godaddy cpanel

Testing the waters with GoDaddy cPanel hosting. Running Backlight on that setup yields "Backlight requires the PDO, SQLite and XML modules". Does anybody here have any experience with setting that up on GoDaddy? I just got this new hosting and figure I have to enable a few things. Thought I'd ask in this forum, before hitting up GoDaddy tech support.

#2 2017-01-01 10:58:52

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: godaddy cpanel

Hi,

These are fairly standard modules, and available with the majority of hosts. GoDaddy for some reason is always a bit of a headache. You should contact your host to enable these modules. The other thing to watch out for on GoDaddy is your PHP upload limit, which is sometimes set too low by default. But wait and see whether that's a problem once you start publishing albums.

Campagna Pictures, http://campagnapictures.com
The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2017-01-01 12:02:03

Ben

GoDaddy also has an over-zealous DOS detector, which trips up Publisher. If you're not already well established with their hosting I would recommend using another host.

#4 2017-01-03 04:16:13

eimages
Website

Thanks for the observations, Matt and Ben. Yeah, I've already run into that DOS issue. It's a pain. Maybe I can get them to toggle that down while I have them on the horn. We shall see.

#5 2017-01-03 07:01:05

eimages
Website

This issue has been resolved. For anybody else researching this, here is the solution: Go to your Go Daddy hosting admin console. Go to Software -> Select PHP Version. Make sure that all the PDO modules are checked (enabled). pdo, pdo_dblib, pdo_firebird, pdo_mysql, pdo_odbc, pdo_pgsql, pdo_sqlite. After enabling these, I was still getting the error. So the Go Daddy tech rebooted the PHP service and that solved the problem. Case closed.

#6 2017-08-11 00:50:29

BobSmith

Just to be clear... when you say "solved"... are you talking about the "connection lost" errors with Publisher or are you talking about PDO related issues (not sure what that might be).  I'm running 5.6 with GoDaddy's default PDO modules turned on.  Backlight seems to work fine but Publisher gets blocked after loading maybe ten images.  I have to wait a minute then "Publish" again for maybe ten to twenty more images.  Kind of a pain when putting up a proof gallery of about 400 images.  I assumed that was some sort of DOS detection issue but hadn't confirmed it.  Glad to hear Ben mention it.  I would LOVE to hear that you fixed that by turning all of the PDO modules on and having GoDaddy restart PHP.

Thanks!

Bob Smith

Board footer