Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-23 18:30:14

wda

Export Watermark Problem

Hi, for my export I like to use a new Watermark. I can select and edit it in Lightroom, but the TTG Publisher don't show it. The Publisher Plugin only has some very old settings. Most of these don't exist in the Lightroom Preferences/Wartermarks Folder.
The TTG Publisher Plugin don`t see any change in my Watermarks folder but Lightroom do. If I delete, add or rename a Watermark then Lightroom know this when I restart, but the TTG Publisher don't notice this.

#2 2017-07-23 22:07:16

rod barbee
Website

Re: Export Watermark Problem

which aspect of Publisher in Lightroom is not finding your watermark? Is it in Publisher setup or in the individual album create/edit dialog.
Which version of Lightroom?

I'm not having any problems with newly created watermarks appearing in either drop-down list.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2017-07-24 02:32:40

wda

LR CC 2015.10.1 (actual Version), Publisher Version 3.2.2
TTG Publisher Album

The Publisher Setup shows all Watermarks - the Album setup only 3 (2 of these do not exist in the Watermarks Folder)

#4 2017-07-24 03:55:07

rod barbee
Website

how do you store your presets?
In Lightroom Preferences under the Presets tab, do you have the "Store presets with this catalog" box checked?
If so, then the issue may be that you've created watermarks under different catalogs. That means no catalog will have access to all presets.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2017-07-24 04:08:04

wda

yes, I store presets with this catalog. The Publisher plugin see all the watermarks, but the album module don't.

#6 2017-07-24 05:56:30

rod barbee
Website

My guess is that the plug-in is universal to Lightroom so it sees them all. The albums are catalog specific so they only see the watermarks created in that catalog. You could try changing your Lightroom preferences and see if they all become available.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2017-07-24 07:22:21

Ben

Watermarks shouldn't be specific to the catalog. Publisher scans for files ending in .lrtemplate found in the Watermarks directory of your Lightroom application settings. You should be able to see which files are there by having a look in Your file browser. Rod, can you advise where that would be in Windows? On a Mac that should be under Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom or similar.

#8 2017-07-24 10:05:02

rod barbee
Website

For Windows it's:
C:\Users\usernameAppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Watermarks

but Watermarks are presets (at least, when you save one, Lightroom asks if you want to save the watermark as a new preset). Mine are not stored with the catalog so I find them at the location above.

If the presets are stored with the catalog, then the path is

...\name-of-catalog\Lightroom Settings\Watermarks\

any preset you store when you're storing presets with the catalog, will be in the Lightroom Settings\Watermarks\ folder and will not appear in the C:\Users\usernameAppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Watermarks folder

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2017-07-24 10:27:45

rod barbee
Website

and just from some quick testing: If you change your settings and uncheck the "store presets with this catalog," any presets you previously made under the old setting are still stored with the catalog and are not stored in the  C:\Users\usernameAppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Watermarks folder. Any watermark presets made after unchecking the "store presets with this catalog" will, however, be stored in that ....Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Watermarks\ folder.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#10 2017-07-24 10:30:26

Ben

Thanks Rod. I wasn't aware of the different ways of handling watermarks. I'll have a look at the code to see whether those saved with the catalog can be picked up.

#11 2017-07-24 18:59:01

wda

Thanks to all for your support. I found the watermarks in Users/Username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Watermarks

That fix my problem at the moment, but I think it would be more clear for all users, when the Plugin Setup and the Gallery Setup would use the same location for watermarks. I have multiple Lightroom Catalogs and each one has a special setup. I need to use the Lightroom Option to store all settings together with the catalog.

Last edited by wda (2017-07-24 19:00:02)

#12 2017-07-24 21:52:55

Ben

I've looked into this.  The Lightroom SDK provides enough information for me to find the location of the catalog, and to scan the directory for watermarks, but from what I can tell, the SDK provides no way of finding out whether the 'Store presets with this catalog' setting is checked or not.  This leaves me with the option of either populating the list of watermarks from Lightroom's settings, or from the Catalog.

I'm not optimistic of finding a way to determine that setting.  What you can do is set the Watermark in the Publisher settings (available by right-clicking the publisher instance in Lightroom and clicking 'Edit Settings'), and then changing your Albums' 'Watermark to apply' setting to 'Managed by Lightroom'.  This triggers the same behaviour as provided before we added the 'Watermark to apply' setting. The watermark setting will apply for all newly-published photos in that publisher instance, so if you needed to change the watermark across albums, then that setting would need to be changed prior to publishing photos for the respective albums.

#13 2017-07-24 21:56:50

Ben

I suppose I could always populate the drop-down with both sets of watermarks, but this is a clunky solution, as it would be confusing for users.  If  'Store presets with this catalog' is set then setting to a global watermark will result in none being added to photos, and likewise, if  'Store presets with this catalog' is not set, then attempting to use a catalog-specific watermark will result in none being added to the photos.

#14 2017-07-24 22:10:49

rod barbee
Website

One solution could be to manually copy the watermark preset from the catalog specific folder and paste it into the global folder. It's kind of inelegant, but it looks like it would work.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#15 2017-07-24 22:21:50

Ben

Hi Rod, that would work if you left the watermark in both locations.
I've added code to list both types of watermarks, prepended by either "Catalog: " or "Global: ", e.g:

Watermark to apply:

Catalog: pangolin
Global: aardvark watermark
Global: bento watermark

#16 2017-07-24 22:23:49

rod barbee
Website

I REALLY want to see that aardvark watermark smile

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#17 2017-07-24 22:31:56

Ben

Haha, no such watermark.  Aardvark and Bento are my made-up alphabetically ordered names for things like Albums.

#18 2017-07-24 22:40:59

rod barbee
Website

Well that's just disappointing and sad. Get my hopes up, and dash them to the rocks.
Thanks Ben wink

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer