Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-19 22:40:38

Frank

Automated updates?

I'm wondering if you have an automated update/upgrade script on your roadmap? I love updates and upgrades since they fix problems and introduce new features. However, I try to avoid anything technical that could ruin my site (even though I have backups) whenever I can. I'm one of those folks who's prone to careless mistakes. I'd love to be able to update or upgrade backlight from the administrator's panel. Hopefully, this feature will eventually appear.

One more thing... Feedback actually. I suggest you add a gallery to your demonstration page at http://theturninggate.net/galleries/ that shows Backlight with the Client Response Add-on AND the Cart Add-on. I'd love to see them working together.

-- Frank

#2 2017-07-19 23:05:42

rod barbee
Website

Re: Automated updates?

Client Response and Cart cannot be active in the same album as the same time.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2017-07-19 23:12:22

Frank

I'm glad you told me that. I was hoping and planning to buy the Client Response Add-on to go with Cart. Maybe you guys will add some of the Client Response features to Cart?

#4 2017-07-19 23:24:54

rod barbee
Website

That would be up to Matt. But I kind of doubt that will happen since the two serve different purposes.The cart if for product purchase, Client Response is meant for feedback between photographer and client.

What you can do though, is use the Client Response for feedback and have the client narrow down their choices and options. Once that happens, remove from the album those images that weren't selected. Then change album template from a CR template to a Cart template. Create products and pricing schemes to serve the purpose of the shoot and the feedback.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2017-07-19 23:28:45

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Hi Frank,

I cannot imagine how that would work without creating a significant amount of confusion. Combining selects and feedback, with product and package options in a shopping cart, makes for a mess. They're two separate things, and would require separate and different submissions. So no, there are no plans to combine the two into a single gallery.

What you can do is publish images using a client response template, then swap that gallery over to a cart gallery when ready to sell, changing that gallery's feature set.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

Board footer