Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-18 05:06:40

4thdesign

Backlight Publisher Plugin

Guys,

Is there anyway that I can keep and retain my publisher plugin with all my images currently published on the left hand side of Lightroom when I create a new catalog?

Or do I have to enter in the current settings and create a new publisher plugin again?

Perhaps I am doing something wrong when I create a new catalog or something I haven't selected in the current publisher plugin that will come over when I create  new catalog in lightroom?

Thanks for any help in advance.

#2 2017-07-18 05:16:49

rod barbee
Website

Re: Backlight Publisher Plugin

Albums and Album Sets in Publisher are catalog specific. So one catalog cannot manage the images published in another catalog. (This is a Lightroom limitation)

You can use the Lightroom Voyager plugin to transfer Publisher collections from one catalog to another.
https://alloyphoto.com/plugins/lrvoyager/

However, if you make changes in an album or add new albums from one catalog, the other catalog won't know about it unless you run Lightroom Voyager again and bring over those changes to the other catalog.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2017-07-18 05:25:55

4thdesign

Re: Backlight Publisher Plugin

Thanks Rod for the tip.

I was afraid they wouldn't port over, and I was right. Will have to setup again each time, or open a catalog just for my website to upload. No hardship really, just thought I might be able to do it without having to go through setting everything up again. smile

Board footer