Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-11 17:25:00

wda

Cart: call to action and Coupons

Backlight Cart is an amazing product, but I really miss some features e.g. a Call to Action function and special Coupons or Discounts.

With the coupons I miss the option how often you can use the coupon. That very important, because customers that know each other may share coupons. A solution in which, e.g. when adding a product to the cart, the customer is offered an auto generated coupon which only applies once for a specific product.

I believe it is also very important to have a coupon or discount only for a specific product.

If I am in a shooting give away a coupon over $ 10 which applies to all products, this would be very expensive for me, since I would then buy some products more expensive than I sell. Also with the discount codes, I can not use dealer actions that I would like to use. If a retailer offers a 30% discount for a product, I can only generate a 30% discount code for the entire store, which is, frankly, not possible.

Discount and coupons are very powerful marketing tools. It is great that they are available in Cart, but at the moment I find simply no option which I can use.

#2 2017-07-11 22:32:11

rod barbee
Website

Re: Cart: call to action and Coupons

I can't comment on adding cart functionality, but you can create your own call to action buttons using a pop-up window: http://community.theturninggate.net/vie … hp?id=7774

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2017-07-12 02:17:35

wda

Thanks a lot Rod, your help is awesome and always welcome. In this case I asked for a Call to Action Funktion. Surely a button with a fancy box is also interesting, but I mean a button that only appears at a certain event e.g. when a particular product has been put into the Cart.

#4 2017-07-12 03:17:49

rod barbee
Website

Frankly, that's probably asking too much at this time. My guess is that it would require a substantial rewrite of the Cart.
But who knows? (Other than Ben)

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer