Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-20 21:51:47

AlanSislen

Website on BlueHost is Now Not Operational!

Although I have purchased Backlight, I'm still using CE4 for my website, which is hosted on BlueHost for a number of years.  Something VERY strange just began happening.  If you go to my website, www.AlanSislenPhotography.com, all of my pages are being cut in half and none of the text is showing.  For example, on my homepage, there is a series of images on the top of the page that change and there is supposed to be text below it.  On my galleries page (I call it Portfolios), it doesn't show any of the galleries.  The only tab that's working is my WordPress blog, which is driven by your WP plugin.  If you look at the Contact tab, there is some error-type message.

I have tried three different browsers, all with the same result.  I have talked to BlueHost and they have no idea what is happening.

Please help!

Alan Sislen

#2 2017-06-20 22:00:34

Ben

Re: Website on BlueHost is Now Not Operational!

Hi Alan,  that's most strange.  Looking at the page source, I can see that it's truncated part way down.  Can you provide me with FTP access so that I can try and work out where it's failing?  It's end-of-day here, so I won't be able to look into it until tomorrow.

#3 2017-06-20 22:15:59

Matthew
Administrator
Website

I can see that it's cutting off at the beginning of the content block (i.e. "the block"), where page copy should be getting pulled in. So my first guess might be that Markdown is failing. If the host has recently updated to a new version of PHP, the problem might be an incompatibility with the Markdown processor.

An easy way to check, I think, would be to publish a gallery using a template that has "the block" disabled, and see whether the page fully renders without that section tripping it up.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#4 2017-06-20 23:50:51

Daniel Leu
Website

On the contact page I see this error message:

Function name must be a string|#0 /home/alansisl/public_html/lib/php/Parsedown.php(931): Parsedown->element(Array) #1 /home/alansisl/public_html/lib/php/Parsedown.php(257): Parsedown->elements(Array) #2 /home/alansisl/public_html/lib/php/Parsedown.php(48): Parsedown->lines(Array) #3 /home/alansisl/public_html/contact.php(422): Parsedown->text('######Conta...') #4 /home/alansisl/public_html/contact.php(426): includeFragment('contact-main') #5 {main}|URL: /contact.php

I think Matt's diagnostic is right on.

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

#5 2017-06-21 01:32:33

AlanSislen

We had a bad storm last night and just lost all phones and internet.  Verizon isn't scheduled to come out until tomorrow.  I'll talk to Bluehost then and see if there was a recent update and see if they can roll it back.  I'll post my findings.  Thanks for your help.

#6 2017-06-21 20:15:40

Ben

Hi Alan, I've found the problem.  Your site is now using PHP 7, but the file Parsedown, which is a third-party library we previously used, is not compatible with PHP 7.  I've fixed this by editing the file (at lib/php/Parsedown.php) with the following change from line 894:

//   Edited by Ben.  Replaced this line:
//$markup .= $this->$Element['handler']($Element['text']);
//   with these lines:
$function = $Element['handler'];
$markup .= $this->$function($Element['text']);

I'm not sure whether you'd have other instances of Parsedown.php on your site.  If so, then I suggest that you replace them with the file that I edited.

#7 2017-06-22 03:56:00

AlanSislen

Ben,

THANK YOU!  Hopefully, this will be helpful to others.

The support that you, Matt, Rod and others provide is invaluable!  Looking toward to implementing Backlight in the near future.

Alan

#8 2017-06-22 04:07:31

Daniel Leu
Website

Alan, some pages need more work.... eg, http://alansislenphotography.com/galler … ndandtime/.

I would copy /home/alansisl/public_html/lib/php/Parsedown.php to /home/alansisl/public_html/ttg-be/framework/lib/Parsedown.php and then the galleries should work, hopefully.

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

#9 2017-06-22 21:07:51

AlanSislen

Daniel,

Thank you!  I am a complete novice at all things website related, but will try what you suggest.

Alan

#10 2017-06-22 21:38:35

AlanSislen

Daniel, Ben, Matt,

Daniel's suggestion seemed to work ... momentarily.  After copying the parsedown.php file in the public_html/lib/php that Ben edited yesterday to the ttg-be folder, my galleries seemed to working.  However, after a few minutes of testing the galleries successfully, they reverted back to displaying the following:

Class 'Parsedown' not found|#0 /home/alansisl/public_html/ttg-be/publisher/application/models/Album.php(89): Album->parsedown('######Portfo...') #1 /home/alansisl/public_html/ttg-be/templates/gallery/ttg_gallery_template/template_index.php(351): Album->getPageCopy() #2 /home/alansisl/public_html/ttg-be/publisher/application/controllers/GalleryController.php(328): include_once('/home/alansisl/...') #3 /home/alansisl/public_html/ttg-be/framework/controllers/Controller.php(41): GalleryController->gallery('98648', 'index', '') #4 /home/alansisl/public_html/ttg-be/framework/Framework.php(124): Controller->dispatch(Array) #5 /home/alansisl/public_html/galleries/10gallerysandwindandtime/lib.php(48): Framework->route() #6 /home/alansisl/public_html/galleries/10gallerysandwindandtime/index.php(4): route(Array) #7 {main}|URL: /galleries/10gallerysandwindandtime/index.php

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Alan Sislen
www.AlanSislenPhotography.com

#11 2017-06-22 22:45:32

AlanSislen

Ben, Matt, Daniel,

I did a search across public_html for "parsedown.php" and found a total of three occurrences.

1 - The one that Ben edited in public_html/lib/php/parsedown.php
2 - The one that Daniel mentioned in public_html/ttg-be/framework/lib/parsedown.php - that I replaced with Ben's edited version
3 - public_html/framework/lib/parsedown.php - that I replaced with Ben's edited version

So now all three occurrences have the Ben-edited version, but I can't display individual images in any of my galleries.

Alan

#12 2017-06-23 09:24:50

Ben

Hi Alan, I'll take a look.

#13 2017-06-23 11:28:53

Ben

I found that public_html/ttg-be/framework/lib/parsedown.php was an empty file.  I've copied over the file that I originally edited and your galleries are now loading again.

#14 2017-06-23 19:46:38

AlanSislen

Ben,
Thank you! 
Alan

Board footer