Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-07 17:10:40

Andre

Questions about Backlight

I already try to learn and understudy how the backlight web application is working. However, there are few miss understudies that I got about how your system. Could you please let me know the followings:

1. When I shoot raw, do I need to export the raw files to JPEG before I place them in gallery? I would prefer to set the gallery, place inside the raw files, than using the “feedback” tool ask the client what format he would like receive. In this way I will save time and will edit only on these files that customer want to purchase.

2. In “feedback” window it is possible to add “raw” format file in the case that customer would like receive such file, or client will need to use the “comment” window to add this type wants.

3. In "feedback" window it is possible to add box where client would like to ask for specify picture dimensions, or we have available only these that are shown in demo on your web page?

4. What is the look of the format of data that are „delivered to the photographer's email for processing the job”?

5. The „basic” and „masonry” (both) type gallery are available In the „Backlight + Pages” package ?

6. In the „cart” window it is possible to set the printing „Size” and „Finish” format that will match the formats of my printer or I need to use only the formats that are listed on your website demo?

7. In the „cart” window it is possible to specify the „digital download” format that will match the customer wants?

8. In the „Cart” module what other payment methods than PayPal are possible to set ?

9. In the „Theater” module, could I set deferment „presentation types” for deferment galleries within one web page?, or the „presentation types” need to be set ONE for all galleries that will be listed on my website? In other words can I mix the „presentation types” within one website?

10. Is it possible with backlight to allow my customer to upload the picture to my server ? It will be useful for me when customers have they own pictures and they want to send the pictures to me only for printing job.

11. Because I am living in Poland I would have this website available in Polish language. Will it be possible for me to display the "gallery help", "Feedback" "cart" and other necessary for normal operation parts of the website/system in Polish language?

#2 2017-06-07 23:05:41

rod barbee
Website

Re: Questions about Backlight

Hi Andre, that's quite a list. Here you go:

1. When I shoot raw, do I need to export the raw files to JPEG before I place them in gallery? I would prefer to set the gallery, place inside the raw files, than using the “feedback” tool ask the client what format he would like receive. In this way I will save time and will edit only on these files that customer want to purchase.

No, you don't need to export the raw files first. Lightroom's Publish service can only export jpg. In the feedback form, you can include an option for the client to request raw images to be sent.

2. In “feedback” window it is possible to add “raw” format file in the case that customer would like receive such file, or client will need to use the “comment” window to add this type wants.

Yes. You can add as many options and comment fields as you need to. You will need to deliver the raw file separately in whatever manner you choose (email, Dropbox, dvd, etc.)

3. In "feedback" window it is possible to add box where client would like to ask for specify picture dimensions, or we have available only these that are shown in demo on your web page?

Yes. You can have comment fields for anything you like. The customer can request specific dimensions. You'll need to crop the image and send it separately.

4. What is the look of the format of data that are „delivered to the photographer's email for processing the job”?

It's an email that has several lists: selected images, comments, etc.

(here's one of my demo albums: http://backlight-rb-test.barbeephoto.co … as-office/
Feel free to give it a test drive. A copy of the same email that's sent to the photographer can be sent to the client. I've set this up so you should receive the email.)

5. The „basic” and „masonry” (both) type gallery are available In the „Backlight + Pages” package ?

yes. Actually, it's included in Backlight. Pages is not necessary for those layouts.

6. In the „cart” window it is possible to set the printing „Size” and „Finish” format that will match the formats of my printer or I need to use only the formats that are listed on your website demo?

You can set up any sizes you like.

7. In the „cart” window it is possible to specify the „digital download” format that will match the customer wants?

You can supply any format needed. If the format is other than jpg, you'll need to upload those files manually.
http://backlight.theturninggate.net/doc … _purchases
However, I'm not sure if you can have multiple formats (jpg, tiff, raw) available in the same album. You probably can if you use the Offline Digital Purchase option. I've not tested this yet. Ben (the cart developer) would know more.

8. In the „Cart” module what other payment methods than PayPal are possible to set ?

Currently, PayPal is the only online payment option. There is a "Transactionless" payment option where a customer can create an order without supplying payment. This is useful if the client is picking up  the order and wishes to pay by check or if they want to mail a check or perhaps complete the transaction via credit card over the phone.

9. In the „Theater” module, could I set deferment „presentation types” for deferment galleries within one web page?, or the „presentation types” need to be set ONE for all galleries that will be listed on my website? In other words can I mix the „presentation types” within one website?

This is one of the great things about the TTG system. You can create as many templates as you like, using different presentations. Each album is individually assigned a template. So you can mix things up as much as you want.

10. Is it possible with backlight to allow my customer to upload the picture to my server ? It will be useful for me when customers have they own pictures and they want to send the pictures to me only for printing job.

No, this is not a native feature of Backlight. But if you're handy with code, you could create this on your own.

If you plan on having a blog, you can also get the Backlight WordPress module. In WordPress, you can create WordPress-based pages. There are WordPress plug-ins that allow visitors to upload images to your site. This could be an option for you.

11. Because I am living in Poland I would have this website available in Polish language. Will it be possible for me to display the "gallery help", "Feedback" "cart" and other necessary for normal operation parts of the website/system in Polish language?

Yes

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2017-06-09 01:59:56

Andre

Thank You for the explanations.

I think you miss understudies what I really mean in the point no 1.

"No, you don't need to export the raw files first. Lightroom's Publish service can only export jpg. In the feedback form, you can include an option for the client to request raw images to be sent."

I ask for this: When I import the files from camera to lightroom, they are in raw format. Do I need firstly to export the files in lihgtroom from raw to jpg like normally we do, or I just import the raw files to the lahgtroom catalog and the Backlight can show the files on the web.

#4 2017-06-09 02:35:50

rod barbee
Website

Just Import raw files into Lightroom.
When they are published with with TTG Publisher through Lightroom's Publish Services, they are processed and uploaded to your albums as jpg. (Lightroom's Publisher doesn't export raw files.)

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2017-06-09 17:12:43

Andre

Now I understudy. It looks very interesting for me. I am starting to look for a domain name for me smile

One more question about the point no 11.

Is the Backlight available in Polish language version, or I will need to translate myself the words that are visible for customers ?

Last edited by Andre (2017-06-09 17:14:30)

#6 2017-06-09 19:18:47

rod barbee
Website

You will need to do the translations

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer