Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-09 06:35:10

Aisling

Problem migrating albums from CE4 to Backlight

Hi Guys,

I'm in the middle of moving my website from CE4 to Backlight.  I have been following the instructions at
http://ttg-tips-and-tricks.barbeephoto. … backlight/ but I have hit a wall and may have made a mistake!  When I try to run the 'migration tool for Publisher' I get and error - 'CE4 Publisher not found'???

I should explain before I started I moved my catalog from my PC to a laptop.  As the CE4 publisher was 'missing' on the laptop I installed the new Publisher plugin that came with Backlight as I understood this was taking over and would still manage the CE4 albums.  I don't know if this might be related to the problem I have now.

I have over 30000 photos on this website so I really don't want to have to upload them all again from scratch! Please can you help me ?

Kind regards,

Aisling.

#2 2017-06-09 07:19:06

Daniel Leu
Website

Re: Problem migrating albums from CE4 to Backlight

It is missing or doesn't find the CE4 Publisher module on your website. Do you still have /ttg-be?

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

#3 2017-06-09 07:27:49

Aisling

Thanks for reply!
The (new) Publisher is working fine in Lightroom and when I uploaded an album to a test site it worked fine.  When I went to run the migration I got the error 'CE4 Publisher was not found' so I installed a copy of the (old) CE4 Publisher plugin in LR plugin manager but I'm still getting an error when I try to migrate. I don't know what to try next?  The Publisher is not 'missing' in LR now - I had no problem installing the new Publisher and all worked fine until now!

#4 2017-06-09 07:29:11

Aisling

I still have access to ttg-be on line (not sure if that's what you mean) and tried to change the API key in case that was an issue but it made no difference

#5 2017-06-09 07:37:05

Aisling

I have the catalog on an external hard drive - would I be better to go back to the old PC and try to run it on that?  I'll have to install the new Publisher but that should be ok - I think?!

#6 2017-06-09 07:38:17

Aisling

The ttg-be/ folder is still in the server, on the same level as the backlight folder

#7 2017-06-09 08:22:24

Aisling

I think I may have found a source of the problem but I don't know how to fix it.  Initially I set up a sub-folder to test on and to get into the Backlight online I still have to use the following url:
http://www.aislingdeverellphotography.c … t_settings

See the 'developmentsite-Annaharvey' folder.  I have updated the company name and company url in Backlight according to the instructions but it still seems to be going to the 'developmentsite' folder rather than just 'annaharvey'.  I have two websites with www.annaharvey.photos running as a sub-domain through www.aislingdeverellphotography.com.  It is the annaharvey.photos site I am trying to upgrade to Backlight (I'll do the other one later).  I have updated the company name and url to aislingdeverellphotography.com as that is the public_html on the server - is that correct?  The backlight, ttg-be and galleries folders are all in the 'annaharvey' folder on the server (inside the aislingdeverellphotography.com).  I'm so confused at this stage I'm lost so any help would be appreciated!

(I have tried running the migration on the old PC but that didn't work either)

#8 2017-06-09 08:44:56

rod barbee
Website

The migration is run on the server. ttg-be/, with the CE 4 publisher/ folder inside of it, must be on the same server level as the backlight/ folder.
Your Backlight site should not have any published albums in it before performing the migration.

Question: we're the images on your old site in uploaded galleries or albums published with CE4 Publisher?
They must be albums via Publisher for the migration tool to work.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#9 2017-06-09 15:54:36

Aisling

Hi Rod,

Thank you for your reply.  I am pretty sure they are on the same level.  I have public_domain (for the aisling site), inside that is a folder 'annaharvey' (for the second site, with another domain) and inside that there are now three folders - backlight and the old galleries and ttg-be.  There is a publisher folder inside ttg-be and yes I used CE4 Publisher to upload the albums to the site from the start.
I had deleted the test gallery from the development site before I started the move and check they were gone as instructed.
The one thing I have got confused about now is how to direct backlight to the 'annaharvey' site/folder and how set up the two sites.  I think maybe that's where the problem is but I don't really know what I'm doing (only following instructions!) and have tried anything I can think of! (I have tried changing the url in both publisher and backlight but it hasn't worked)

Thanks again, Aisling.

#10 2017-06-09 16:02:22

Aisling

I think I have it sorted!! smile Thank you both for your replies.  I think I was working in logged into the wrong 'Backlight' online (wrong url) - just my lack of knowledge about website development - not an error on Backlight's part or anything like that!

Thanks again, Aisling

Board footer