Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-06 17:19:33

Andre

Backlight vs CE4

Hello Everybody,
My name is Andre and I am interesting to set my photography business based on your tools. I need a tool that will allow me to build the photographer web page that will include such tools like Backlight + Pages + Client Response + Cart + Theater, (I use lightroom cc2015)

I found that the „Backlight + Pages” + Client Response + Cart + Theater tools seems to be the tools is what I need, but I am confused with al the „CE4” options.

When should I consider purchasing the ce4 product?? What are the deferments between the two products ?

#2 2017-06-06 20:32:04

markh
Website

Re: Backlight vs CE4

CE4 is the older product and is being replaced by Backlight. If you are getting Backlight you will not need CE4. Unless of course you want it.
Regards Mark

#3 2017-06-06 21:08:23

rod barbee
Website

Hi Andre, welcome.

The big difference between CE4 and Backlight is that CE4 is a set of plugins for Lightroom and Backlight is a web application.

With CE4, all your design work is done in Lightroom in the Web Module. You'll then need to export from the Web module and upload to upload your server. And while all this works, designing in Lightroom can be slow and tedious (Adobe hasn't really given much attention to the Web module and it has a tough time handling all that's demanded of it by the TTG plugins)

By contrast, just about everything with Backlight is done on the server. Design is much faster and you can see results right away. The only Lightroom component is the Publisher plugin, which is used to manage and upload your images galleries.

Backlight is in active development while CE4 is basically in maintenance mode.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#4 2017-06-07 16:08:14

Andre

Thank you guys for this explanation. The basic idea is now clear for me. I will jump to the "backlight forum" to place some other questions regards this application.

Board footer