Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-29 07:11:15

speacock110

Additional Images

I have just been updating my images and the watermark. When i went to my Album I found some imagesw that the watermark had not changed. Upon investigation, I discovered that the published album had 96 images but lightroom had only 90. They are images, that I have removed some time in the past, I think.
How do I remove them?

#2 2017-05-29 07:46:00

rod barbee
Website

Re: Additional Images

If Lightroom doesn't know about them, you could probably just delete them via FTP from the photos/ and thumbnail/ folders.

the images might still be registered in the database though, so I don't know what the ramifications of deleting via FTP might be if that's the case. But you could search the database first looking for those image filenames.

To access the database, go to the Backlight Dashboard and click on phpLiteAdmin. The default password is "admin".
Click on the publisher/master.sq3 database then click on the photo table link.
At the top of the table you'll see some tabs. Click on Search and use the filename field.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2017-05-29 17:14:23

speacock110

Thanks that appears to work although a pain to do. Unfortunately, I then checked my other albums and out of 18 more 5 had similar problems. I would like to know the cause in case it is something I am doing.

#4 2017-05-29 18:59:03

speacock110

Just found the cause of the problem. All the images left in the Albums yet not present in Lightroom publish collection were missing from the Lightroom catalogue they had been deleted (not sure how or why but that is my problem). The issue, therefore, is if the image is deleted without being removed from the publish collection it stays in the album and is not removed nor can it be removed without the process above. This could cause an issue if file cleaning is done at file level not collection level

Board footer